Red\White plastic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Flyred , I haven't seen any Husky posts by you in ages , does the 990 have something to do with that..??

Did you fit a later fuel tank or anything to your 510 , or are they just '04 style panels - just in red and white?

I'm asking as I bought '08 panels for my 01 and EVERYTHING had changed fitment.

Charlie

The 990 has kept me very busy. 42,000+ miles in the last 2 years. Two trips above the Arctic Circle and all the states West of the Rockies.

I just sold my beloved 510 because I hadn't ridden her in the last couple years. I really miss her too. Best dirt bike I've ever owned

My plastic color change all started because I changed the Mikuni to a Kiehnin carb. Which forced me to change the fuel tank which...

Tuff racing sells the complete UFO kits for your bike. UFO makes good high quality plastic. I purchased the 2005-2006 kit for my 04 from them and everything fit great. If you get the 05-06 style plastic you will need a new gas tank and seat. Someone here on TT was nice enough to sell me their stock unused tank. I got a complete OEM seat from Halls for around 100.00. I see some places are selling IMS tanks on e-bay. I would probably go that route since the 05-06 tank is small and holds less gas than the 04 tank. If you get a stock 05-06 tank you will not be able to use the 04 petcock as it is longer. I got a new petcock and graphics from Halls. The bike looks great when done! Good luck.