Question about wheels & air pressures

Just put some new GForce Richter wheels on my YZ250F a while back and just got around to riding the other day. I only rode for about and hour and it was mostly just putting around on our farm land while my brother was on the tractor mowing. Question is when should I check the wheel spokes? I was told after a few rides but what do you guys think? When it comes to checking them am I just checking for loose ones or should I go around and give them all a quarter turn or what? What kinda air pressures do you guys run? The bike is pretty much trails and what not, no jumps or anything like that.

Spokes will strech slightly when new. After a couple of hours I would do a quater turn on each spoke (start at the valev and do every 3rd spoke then go arond 2 more times to do all spokes. This keeps the wheel true) before tightening spray a little WD 40 on each nipple.

Once done ride it for another 4-5 rides and repeat the process. Then just periodic review. Please put WD 40 on the nipples after every 2-3 wash.

Tyre pressure is condition dependant. Most people run around 12-16 psi in the rear. I thinkm it is critical to run Ultra heavy duty tubes. When your stock tyres are worn look to getting some Motoz tyres. They hook up really well, last simply for ages (longer than any other tyre imho) and can be run super low (6-8psi) for mud or sand without pinching. Just do yourself a favour and get some. For you on general trail riding duties on a 250 and assuming you arn't huge then 12-14 psi would be fine.

Spokes will strech slightly when new. After a couple of hours I would do a quater turn on each spoke (start at the valev and do every 3rd spoke then go arond 2 more times to do all spokes. This keeps the wheel true) before tightening spray a little WD 40 on each nipple.

Once done ride it for another 4-5 rides and repeat the process. Then just periodic review. Please put WD 40 on the nipples after every 2-3 wash.

Tyre pressure is condition dependant. Most people run around 12-16 psi in the rear. I thinkm it is critical to run Ultra heavy duty tubes. When your stock tyres are worn look to getting some Motoz tyres. They hook up really well, last simply for ages (longer than any other tyre imho) and can be run super low (6-8psi) for mud or sand without pinching. Just do yourself a favour and get some. For you on general trail riding duties on a 250 and assuming you arn't huge then 12-14 psi would be fine.

Dont worry about a torque wrench. If the spoke nipples are not freely turning (perhaps 90% of bikes after 6+ months use) then the torque amount has no relation to spoke tension. I tune by the sound of each spoke. You'll work out the correct sound when you have a spoke nipple that turns freely. Loose sounds very dull. Just dont go too tight. It is quick and easy to check the spokes. You'll work out how often you need check them.

If you really want to do the right thing then put some anti-seize on the spoke threads now that they are new. To do this properly you remove the rubber and take each nipple off and reinstall with the goop on the thread. Not a quick job.

On my KX450F I set my tires for best traction. In medium dirt, this is usually in the 10 to 12 psi range in both ends. Outside this and I feel them slide more. I dont ride trails but some rough tracks. I always use std inner tubes with some talc on them, and had a pinch flat once in the rear on a SX track, but I has down to about 9 PSI that day by accident. I've also installed tubes with WD40 on them instead of talc powder and that seems to work too.