front fender rubbing frame

hi guys just picked up a mint 08 yzf 250 and when cleaning it tonight i noticed the rear of the front fender is rubbing on the frame and has marked it really bad :banana: is this a common fault or is something wrong ? i will post a pic tomorrow

cheers mac

Is the fender aftermarket, or are the bolts that bolt it to the bottom triple clamp loose? To be honest, I haven't had any fitment issues with aftermarket fenders, but thought I'd mention it. If the bolts are tight, then the next culprit is the lower stem bearing. Grab the forks and try to move them front-to-back. You will know if they are loose.

hi guys checked all bolts and everything tight , the fender is ufo , i could not get a pic as camera was flat lol its been rubbing really bad as the frame is actually groved from it so i might trim the fender down a little:thumbsup:

My cycra didnt just rub but completely hit the frame so to fix it I took 2 small washers and put 1 on each of the 2 fender bolts closest to the frame. Leave the front 2 alone just put the washer between the fender and clamp. Could possibly put washers on all 4 holes which would move the whole fender down slightly giving it more clearence but I havent tried that.