stock tires

Dude, nice tits.

The death wings suck in dirt (more on this later). They are quite good on pavement though. I can get scary sideways on them with no slipping or sliding. A guy less easily scares can egt even more sideways. The TWs are actually OK on hard, dry, smooth dirt. Throw in some sand, mud, rocks or roots and things ger hairy quickly. Mine should be swapped out by this week end for a set of Kenda knobbies.

Anyone know how sticky the stock tires are on the 400S? Can I carve corners or do I need to be really careful? ๐Ÿ™‚

--------------------

googoo.gif

2002 DRZ400S - stock

2002 ZX-9R - Micron hi-mount exhaust

gaa.....lee....lee...waaa.... whaaa whaat did you say?

The stock Trail Wing are very sticky. Once broken in like any other tire should be, you can lean the bike so hard in street corners, it will make the racer replica driver shy away. I used to drive my previous bike Ninja ZX7 way down the limit of the tire and then some, so I enjoyed comparing the ability of this wonderful little machine the DRZ is.

However, beware of the TrailWings somewhat limited ability on dirt roads.

Broken clavicle hoping to ride again in Sept ๐Ÿ™‚

Carve away! I was playing motard racer on my 400S up until about two weeks ago when I put MT21s on it. The trailwings work great on the street, but as previously stated they flat SUCK on the dirt, especially the soft stuff.

I want, I need and I have to have a set of those ๐Ÿ™‚

About the tires -- yeah you can tear it up on the pavement but be carefull on the dirt. I allmost bought the farm last ride I did on the dirt.