Jetting or Oxygenated Fuel - High Altitude

I'm going to be going to Kennedy Meadows in a few weeks and was planning on having to re-jet my 2008 CRF450R (stock jetting) due to the altitude being 7,500 - 10,000 feet there.

I mentioned this to a friend of mine and he says I should just run oxygenated fuel to compensate for the thin air and not bother with the jetting.

Does this make sense? Anyone tried it?

Thanks.

never heard anything about that, but changing your needle clip position and swapping a pilot and main jet are really easy. i'd just rejet it.

rdalley just gave you some really good starting points. i just got back from riding 8000-11000 feet. ran 40 pilot/2nd needle slot/170 main and it ran perfect.

took less than 30 minutes to rejet.

I went to Colorado with my 450 and chose to use some VP U4 instead of rejetting. The bike kept more of it's sea-level power and ran great up there. Nice and frisky, and faster than the guys that didn't do it.

I went to Colorado with my 450 and chose to use some VP U4 instead of rejetting. The bike kept more of it's sea-level power and ran great up there. Nice and frisky, and faster than the guys that didn't do it.

And it was jetted for sea-level, I assume? What elevation did you get up to?