Difference in Motors US/AUS

Just wondering if theres any differences in US and AUS wr 250 motors. For instance my 2005 wr 250 needs a crank rebuild, so i sourced a pro x rod kit for the year model from the states for half the price of here.

My local shops think that it wont fit as the motors in Australian wr 250's are different to the United States.

Is there any truth to this?

I thought the bikes were asembelled in Europe and distrubuted amoungst the world?

I hope there just trying to do that or im right im the creek haha.

The way i look at it why would husky in europe go through all the trouble to make 2 different crankshafts for the one year model of wr 250.

i have not found anywhere anything to even suggest that my pro x rod kit wont fit. Pro x only have one part number on there website for 04/04 wr 250. and thats the part number ive got.

Considering local shops in Australia stock pro x rod kits for this year model i assume there the same as overseas.

the length is right i measured roughly today. In the next few days when the crank is out ill find out i guess. I just cant see why they would do it though if it is wrong.

I'm positive it will be the same. Those motors haven't changed much in years. The WR and CR's used the same rod. The 2000-2009 part#'s for the OEM rod kit are the same. It's been the same motor for ever! And, it is amazing glad they haven't changed it.

oem rod comes out on the weekend. however im also now positive its the same. I never seen anything to say otherwise, the manual i have states the differnet types of wr and cr and they only mention one rod kit number.

I think my local dealer was trying to freak me out, he wasnt happy when i laughed into the phone when he said pro x rod kit thats $255.00 AUS, then followed that by your joking right? i just brought the exact same part from the states for $110.00 AUS posted to my door.

Oh and the motors being the same for the last 9 years is great in a way, parts are easy to locate :banana:

THanks for your help guys.