Foam filter oil - which brand??

I'm torn between three brands here in the UK...

I like the liquid type rather than aerosols types

Silkolene, Motul & Rock oil.

Rock oil is the cheapest so far so, Motul & Silk are similar in price.

Can anyone recommend or warm about any of these?

Previously I've used Twin Air & Silkolene and other than the colour I couldn't really tell the difference between either - both applied the same.

Is there really any difference between brands or should you just which ever one has the best deal?

Cheers, Rich.:banana:

I use Maxima's FFT(Foam Filter Treatment). It has a dark blue dye so its easy to tell when the filter has been well covered. Takes a few minutes to tack up, which gives you enough time to put filter on cage and then on bike. Hope this helps:thumbsup:

go to ut local petrol supplier and they should have Kerosene Solvent. Its clear, not really smelly and evaporates. its the only I know that will really break the belray bond quickly. Use a 5 gallon bucket with a lid and just dunk your filter in there and ring it out a couple times and then take it in the wash room and rinse the filter out with soap and water 2 or 3 times. dont fill the bucket up and only get like 3.5 gallons and remember to keep the lid on the bucket or that 3.5 will go to 3 or less. Also long after it dyes blue from the oil its still good, just DO NOT leave your filter in there over night thinking itll clean up your filter real well.

Thanks for the input guys. In the end I figured that most of the oil based tacky filter oil is basically the same so I went on a price offensive.

I found I could get the best deal on Rock Oil. After some checking I realised that Rock Oil is made in the UK so that probably explains that.

So, I'll be giving it a try in about 2 air filter changes time.

Cheers.