almost caught him!!!

My morning starts at 3:30am. I wake up, make a lunch, eat and so on. 4:00 I open the garage get all the tools in the truck. This morning my wife was up as well so I went back in the house to get my coffee and have a little morning conversation with her. I was only in the house for about 10 minutes. I went back into the garage andto my surprise a little puck was attempting to jack my riding pants, that hag in the garage. I scared the crap out of him and he made a run for it. I yelled at him just as he tripped over my table saw, falling head first into the hitch on my truck. He got up and took off. I couln't believe that he survived hitting the hitch. The sound of his face striking that solid piece of steal was painful in itself. No gear was stollen and I am sure he wont forget anytime soon how that felt.

Now I am concerned about my bike I guess it's time to buy insurance, put an I bolt in the garage floor and install automatic machineguns, electric fence, whatever it takes. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, it would have been great if he had knocked himself out on your hitch and the police could have delt with him. I can't believe the guts of some kids these days though. obviously the kid must have known you were up and could come back out to the garage at any time.

I have insurance on my bike and my house has an alarm system. the only way into the garage is through the house (when the door is closed of course). the truth is, if someone wants something bad enough they will get it, or at least try. I just hope I am home when they do.

I wish you would have caught him and banged him up a little before the cops arrived.

Just out of curiosity. How easy is it for someone to get in a garage with a door opener? I have heard things about people having some kind of device that would open automatic doors, but I was not sure if it was that common. I have thought about getting a doggie door from my house to my garage so that if someone did get in they could have a nice romp around the neighborhood with 2 125lb Cane Corso Mastiffs. ๐Ÿ™‚

I keep a Bball bat just inside the house now that my daughters bike was swipped last year.

I got garage doors that are insulted this last summer.

Muffles the screems, needless to say the puke aint getting out of my garage with out at least a braoke leg

I yelled at him just as he tripped over my table saw, falling head first into the hitch on my truck. He got up and took off. I couln't believe that he survived hitting the hitch. The sound of his face striking that solid piece of steal was painful in itself.

Good job! :D Now just stick with that story. :D

A thief deserves a good beating. Its a shame that legally all we can do to stop them is to yell at them.

I have a similar story in reserve to tell the cops why I have a bloody thief lying in my yard: I swear officer. I was just showing my son the proper way of swinging a baseball bat, when this guy comes out of nowear and ran right into my bat. Next thing I knew my tool box and riding gear was falling all around me. Luckily non of fell on me, but I can't say the same for him. The bat would explain the broken arm, the helmet falling from the sky would explain the head wound, and I think the falling tool box would explain his broken ribs and internal bleeding. Whats that officer? Why does he have two head wounds? Well it was the damndess thing you ever saw. He tried to get up and I guess he lost his balance and fell head first right into my trailer hitch. Poor guy. ๐Ÿ™‚

And if you were lucky enough to get a cop like my brother-in-law you would hear a reply something like this.

"Well sir it looks like a simple case of vandalizism to me. I don't know where these kids get off today, thinking they can come on to your properity and use their teeth to scratch your valuable collectors baseball bat and then rececklessly stain your tools and garage floor with their blood.

what was he doing up so early--or still up so late?

That's just how these type of punks operate. They're jacked up and sleep is an inconvenience. I live across the street from a SWAT cop and just the other night, in our neighborhood on his way up the street, he foiled a robbery. In fact the house is owned by a tt member w/ a 450YZ. (3) jerks were in there (the garage) taking all kinds of stuff.

Funny though, of all the things he said they had, he didn't say anything about those dinks taking or even attempting to take the blue bike. Now if had been red - that's another story. ๐Ÿ™‚

One of my Good Mates had his awseome MTB swiped from his house the same way...they knew when he was about, had already checked it out, and they knew where and how to get at the bike...it is crazy now...the thing is too guys...they wont steal it if they cant sell it...check what you buy aint stolen too...I cant stand this sorta shyte...DINGA

My son got his 2000 Honda Civic Si ripped off at his Condo, He just got a 2003 Miata and about three weeks later they got the civic.

Like what Dinga stated, they hit the car a few times in the previous weeks, taking small stuff like his sun glasses and tapes.

One day he comes out and sees the hood opened nothing taken. He calls me I say dude they are scammin the cra you better get it moved or a alrm on it.

Nah does a Son ever listen to his pops :D

Well two days after that the whole car is gone.

Thieves ๐Ÿ™‚

Had a sweet/clean (perfect paint,interior, etc.) '56 oval window bug that I had just finished putting a dual-carbed, 2-liter in (2000 miles on it) when I first moved to so cal. Sum bitches there stole that mof as if it was their own. You don't get bugs back - at least not in (1) piece.

I never saw the thing again.

I'm glad you chased him off. Did you file a police report? The little jerk might be a neighborhood punk that is known to the police. Also, if the jerk gets a lawyer, it's always best to be the first to call the police.

The bummer is the litte puke knows what is in your garage. He may feel that he deserves to rip you off since he's already used your trailer hitch to self-inflict pain.

Why riding pants? Just easy to grab? Is he a local rider? You might check local shops to see if a customer or employee is showing up with a banged up face.

Get insurance and locks. Simple alarms are easy to get at Radio Shack. There are $10 personal alarms. Replace the pull tab with a zip tie that slips out easily, tie it to the motorcycle with some fishing line. The only person who will respond to the alarm is you, but that's OK. FYI: Any kind of ambush device meant to inflict wounds is a felony in California. Leaving your garage messy so it's hard to run out of is a lifestyle issue.

Too bad we don't lock up criminals instead of our property.

Good luck,

Kev_XR,

Let me rephrase a bit of what you've noted...

Get insurance and locks.

This sounds good: "Get insurance and glocks"? :D

Simple alarms are easy to get

I would have said "Simple (and legal) firearms are easy to get". :D

Too bad we don't lock up criminals instead of our property

How about "glock up criminals on our property"? :D

Thanks for the radio shack alarm tip. Gets me thinking. ๐Ÿ™‚

I keep a Bball bat just inside the house now that my daughters bike was swipped last year

Screw the baseball bat! I keep a short barrelled shot gun next to my bed and have a dull knife that doesnt match any others in the house to place in his hand when I'm done with him ๐Ÿ™‚