New MX Track in Flagstaff!!!

Well, lets just say it is an EXPENSIVE and bureaucratic process. but i have investors, and the will to win. i have some properties lined out and am working on both, just in case one falls through. the government doesnt like it, but may just have to live with it, if i can do everything right. i need more input from riders in AZ. so say what you have to say. what do you want in a track? outdoor or supercross? endurocross sections? a trials course? help me out, now and later.

I live by tucson, so I cant promise I'd be there all that often, but would definately come ride it a few times each summer if it was out doors. If you had a pee wee track for my boys, and camping were availiable, I could probably swing a trip once a month in the summertime. I'm picturing epic, mountain scenery with a long winding mx style track, Possibly like grinding stone, but up in the mountains. How possible is that?

I know I'm asking a lot for a guy who'd only show up to ride a few times per year... but I've always wanted to visit a track that had gnarly trails and ST that branched off of it then popped back on.(one way of course.) Merging might be a problem. But even just a track up in flag would be sweet. I used to pop up to the flag skatepark damn near every weekend back before I had kids. If you've got a nice setup I can see a lot of people coming to escape the heat during the summer.

Well, lets just say it is an EXPENSIVE and bureaucratic process. but i have investors, and the will to win. i have some properties lined out and am working on both, just in case one falls through. the government doesnt like it, but may just have to live with it, if i can do everything right. i need more input from riders in AZ. so say what you have to say. what do you want in a track? outdoor or supercross? endurocross sections? a trials course? help me out, now and later.

Born and raised in Flagstaff and would love to see a track here. There have been many tracks come and go up here both legal and some we just keep quiet. Most of them eventually get tore down by land owners or FS. I dont think an indoor track would fly. You are talking way too much $$$. A supercross or arenacross would defiantly limit your number of riders. Most riders up here are good riders that spend a good amount of time on single track and forest service roads. So my vote would be a good moto track with jumps and natural terrain. Ride May - November and open it to some kind of snow sport or snow play in the winter..... you would make as much money selling tickets to a sled hill in the winter as a track in the summer. When it snows people flock here on the weekends. The city makes a killing on the wing mt. snowplay/OHV area in the winter. most weekends it fills up by 10am and they are turning people away. It would be a good riding place in the summer if it was maintained a little. I think a track up here, if build right and maintained well would be a success. Allot of locals would ride there regularly and you would get a lot of phoenix traffic wanting to get out of the heat. Good luck and keep us posted.:banana:

Just a normal MX track would be perfect. Since Flagstaff isn't a year round riding destination for bikes, how about a snowcross course or something similar? I know plenty of people up here who have sleds that barely ever get used. I'm sure that there would be some people interested in dragging those out on occasion to ride.

• 3 weeks later...
This is a thread to see what the southwest riders think of having a track in Flagstaff. Do you want one? How often would you ride there? Etc. Share any and all opinions.

Let us know if you get it going and maybe we can do some sanction racing with Grinding Stone MX and the Arizona Grand Prix Series.

• 9 months later...

any new information on a possible track in Flagstaff?? I can promise i would be there at least 3 times a week, probably more! Me and my homie drive to the tracks in PHX every weekend all winter but being an NAU student i have real trouble affording this and dont like the drive! we ride trails and Camron during the summer but i am a MX guy through and through!!

I talked to some of the Coco Trail Association guys and they said the new forest service stuff is very against a track so it seems it would have to be private?

Please let me know if there is anything i can do to help get a track going in Flagstaff AZ, as i really want a legit track to ride that is not 2.5 hrs away!!

yeah i dont get it at all!! theres soooo many hippies up here in Flagstaff, and they should realize that there are also a lot of riders with no place to go tearing up their beloved forests. a track would limit the endless miles of free riding in the forests!

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely would like to see an MX track in or around Flagstaff. Would be cool to have a few different tracks like a national, veterans and pee wee style track. Bet there would be a lot of interest here.