best fork seals

No way, those are All balls seals. Those seals are very sticky and won't last as long as OEM seals do. I recommend to use OEM (nok) seals, Athena seals are also made by nok. I haven't tested yet skf seals but I think those will work great also.

OEM seals and bushings

I'd replace the bushings since its a 07, typically if you don't do the bushings the seals will blow right back out in 1-6 months

The bushings eh? and how do i go about doing that? I pretty much have rebuilt everything on every bike except the front forks. I just split my case and put a new hot-rods crank in it, but i have never done forks. They are definitely my area of weakness.

The bushings eh? and how do i go about doing that? I pretty much have rebuilt everything on every bike except the front forks. I just split my case and put a new hot-rods crank in it, but i have never done forks. They are definitely my area of weakness.

you tube is your best friend here!!!!!

The bushings are easy, when you pull the fork upper and lower apart, there are two copper bushings that are coated in teflon inside that come off real easy (you just spread them with like a flat head screw driver and slide them off.. Then lube the new ones up with fork oil and slap them in

once bushings get worn they cause seals to blow out real fast, I'm not sure on your bike, but most bikes OEM bushings cost $6-$8 a piece, and there is a inner and outer bushing for each fork leg, so $6-$8x4

yep if you want the best get ahold of mx-tech and get your hands on the new skf seals. so far they are everything they said they would be. they aren't cheap but I think they will be worth it. I was very impressed. I've had them out on two bikes for two months now and they have been great.

So in your personal experience, what company makes the best fork seal/fork seal kit? I need to do my fork seals on my 2007 CRF250 and i want to make sure that i get the best parts.

We use an OEM seal (made by NOK).

There are two issues here, by the way. The first is seal selection, the other is how you take care of a seal.

If a seal is well taken care of it can last a very long time so often chronic seal failures are not the fault of the seal.

I have yet to test the Italian seals that are being sold by MX-Tech but based on some research that we did they appear to be a very high quality and a well made seal. We'll have to check them out a little closer when time allows.

Tusk seals. usually about ten to fifteen bucks from rockymountainmx.com . They are the same as race tech. And when I mean the same...I mean they are made by the same company in the same factory and everything is the same except it doesn't come with a rech tech sticker. Very high quality seal

used msr for awhile. seemed kinda sticky but had good luck with em.

Get the proper tools and,

buy a whole pivot works kit, bushings and all for about $70.00. There is an online tutorial at their site and your good to go. I had great luck with the rebuilding. I replaced about 6 sets of and seals someone on Thumper Talk suggested the bushing replacement. It was the answer.

I haven`t changed the seals on my yz250f-06 fork yet ,used them on my last three bikes and have at least 150h in them, oilchange every 20h, take down the viper and clean often and if some oil should leak little then i take a thin plastic film and clean them.

I think oem ones is great... (but gona pick them apart just to look at the bushings):banana:

• 5 weeks later...