Getting All Lights/Blinkers to Work at Idle

I just replaced my Baja Designs Battery Pack and Stator on my 2000 XR 650R that is dual sported and I notice at idle the blinkers sometimes stop working unless I crack the throttle a little.

I am running a Vapor computer and a license plate light along with front and rear blinkers, headlight and rear tail/brakelight and was wondering if anyone else has this set up and it works with the stock stator?

I have checked that I am getting about 12V to the batteries when running.

Thanks in advance

The basic idea is that the battery provides the power at idle. Those batteries are small and if you have standard incandescent bulbs the current draw is large. The battery sometimes can't provide the juice that the flasher needs to function correctly. I replaced my old school flasher with an electronic one from Baja Designs. It does not depend on the load to flash so it works great. I got the part number 60-3008 flasher. I had to chop off the connector and wire it into my system.

603008.jpg

Stator output is always proportional to rpms so there is less power available at idle no matter what. I have a 2x125W stator and I had to go to that electronic flasher to get the signals to flash reliably at idle. The high output stators trade off some idle voltage to get more juice at higher rpms.

The flasher is under $20 so it's cheaper than a stator.