Stock tail bag

Hi all. My old stock rear fender bag is shot....dry rotted material, split six ways to Sunday...all that. Now I actually like the thing (I know, I'm in the minority) so looking for either a stock replacement, or something very similar that would mount to the existing holes...that's cheap (I put a few tools in there, a rag, and small sh*t like that.) Suggestions?

Sorry for low roading it here....I'll also do some searching tonight. I've searched before, but haven't readily seen what I'm after.

Thanks!

Just to reinforce some of the more common suggestions in the thread, the first thing I did when I got mine home a month ago was to replace the stock toolkit with a small insulated softsided cooler. It's about the size to just hold a six-pack nicely. The bottom is just slightly larger than the stock toolkit so the nylon tray from the toolkit fit perfectly in the bottom of the cooler. A couple of holes punched in the bottom of the cooler and I was in business with enough extra space to tuck in the tools, a small first aid kit, a couple of granola bars, a bottle of water, a ballcap and a couple of other items to make short rides out of town more comfortable.

Now that I've got a luggage rack I've moved uptown ... bought a NASCAR softsided cooler that holds 24 cans. Paid $2.10 for it at one of those liquidation stores. Now I can also stick in a rainsuit, a can of Plexus plastic cleaner and cleaning cloth, a can of chain lube and a few other amenities. Great for daytrips now.

My plan is to buy a Givi 34 or 38 litre topcase one of these days. But that has to wait until after the new tires and maybe a new seat. .... And probably some household things my wife hasn't yet made me aware of. :banana:

...ken...

Tusk makes a nice reinforced toolkit about the same size as the stocker for about $26. i also have a masterlock bag that came with my trailer locks that is really heavy and about the same size. I teoo went to the rack and have used a stock zuki rack bag. I now have the Cortech teardrop bag and like it.

I also have 2 of the Cruz tool bags. Very nice and hold a ton of stuff. They have a velcro bracket with straps fo a quick release as well.

One might be for $ale.