performance

I am looking at getting a Yoshi pipe for my 07 Crf 250R. IS the slip on even worth getting, or should I get the whole system. I looked at their charts on the website but I was wondering how much I will really notice. I am a B rider.

Regrease bearings, airfilter, rejet, engine ice, radiator cages, better tires, regear it to what you like is pretty much hte best place to start off.. If you want more power look into head work, high comp pistons, cam's, clutches, ect.. One of the greatest things about having a Crf is the aftermarket and factory part's availability is better then all others imo..

• 2 weeks later...

Try Straightshot air filters (straightshotmx.com) free shipping. Bought two for each of my boys bikes. One for a crf250r and crf450r and they both say they can feel the difference in power over Twinairs we usually run. Honda of Troy race team is using them for outdoors right now. They are fluted foam air filters which they say increases surface area and airflow. Good quality as far as a can tell.....

Try Straightshot air filters (straightshotmx.com) free shipping. Bought two for each of my boys bikes. One for a crf250r and crf450r and they both say they can feel the difference in power over Twinairs we usually run. Honda of Troy race team is using them for outdoors right now. They are fluted foam air filters which they say increases surface area and airflow. Good quality as far as a can tell.....

How does it fit? Uni has a increase in power over stock but the fit feels loose and lousy in my opinion..

increased area would only prolong hp loss as it would take more dirt before the filter was covered enough to hurt performance on a 250. The stock filter supplys more than enough air and is border line on a 450 that is making 60 hp a k&n on a 450 that is modifyed and making 60+ hp will help the performance by about .7 of a hp@ peak

increased area would only prolong hp loss as it would take more dirt before the filter was covered enough to hurt performance on a 250. The stock filter supplys more than enough air and is border line on a 450 that is making 60 hp a k&n on a 450 that is modifyed and making 60+ hp will help the performance by about .7 of a hp@ peak

Couldn't agree more increased surface area prolongs performance and with that said why wouldn't you want that! Peak performance for a longer period of time can be the difference between winning or loosing. The other advantage is longer usage between service which in some peoples eyes is a great option. The KN's are great breathing filters but have ever tested their flo after a few cleanings? They tend to clog over time due to the paper media and they have much less surface area which back to your first comment is a disadvantage. Had a KN in my last truck and at first it improved mileage but after a few cleanings went back down. I believe also that at a 100 bucks a crack you can own several foam filters and spend more time riding than cleaning that expensive product. One last thing dyno data to me can vary way to much by the tech conducting the test. I would rather pay more attention to just strictly airflow verses pressure drop

Cheers!

I would not use a K&N for a mx aplication we use them for dirt track only every pleat in a K&N offers area a K&N for a given aplication will out flow an un oiled foam filter for the same application but it will not filter as well .Iknow this because i have a flow bench and have done the test i also have a dynamometer and have done the test i have also pretty much proven the therory @ the race track.