The new 350SX-F Has Arrived at Stillwell Performance

My personal opinion is the marketing dept. is very happy right now-it was the main thing holding these bikes back from being accepted in large numbers by the MX community.

I also think that the linkage could be more flexible in terms of setup for MX/SuperCross and AX environments. The linkage ratio, spring rates and all that stuff are right in the middle of where the other 4 brands fall, so my expectation going into testing is that they should be in the hunt. 4 years of development, they took their time and hopefully it will be a good system. We will put 10-12 hours per day on this thing for the next couple of weeks, tomorrow we get a second one for side by side comparison of suspension mods.

Like anything, I'm sure it can be made better. I'll say this-the thing sounds like and F1 car, the guys in the shop were having a blast rapping it out, no one wanted to go home last night, lol!

We will post our impressions tonight, we have 5 test riders on it today ranging from decent B riders to a top 20 National MX Pro, and weight ranges from 140-250lbs. Stay tuned!

My personal opinion is the marketing dept. is very happy right now-it was the main thing holding these bikes back from being accepted in large numbers by the MX community.

I also think that the linkage could be more flexible in terms of setup for MX/SuperCross and AX environments. The linkage ratio, spring rates and all that stuff are right in the middle of where the other 4 brands fall, so my expectation going into testing is that they should be in the hunt. 4 years of development, they took their time and hopefully it will be a good system. We will put 10-12 hours per day on this thing for the next couple of weeks, tomorrow we get a second one for side by side comparison of suspension mods.

Like anything, I'm sure it can be made better. I'll say this-the thing sounds like and F1 car, the guys in the shop were having a blast rapping it out, no one wanted to go home last night, lol!

We will post our impressions tonight, we have 5 test riders on it today ranging from decent B riders to a top 20 National MX Pro, and weight ranges from 140-250lbs. Stay tuned!

sounds a good machine!

can you post some details and maybe pics of the pistons/ shaft etc?

shaft dia and stock stacks maybe?

thanks.

mark.

I think I've already posted it somewhere:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=87413

Shaft is 18mm and all the tools that worked on the PDS shock (except the needle tools :banana:) work on this shock also. Euro and US valving is very different and despite my first doubts on the comp-adjuster-bleed-shim-approach of the Euro valving I've found a good setup with the SPI3 oil. According to specs the US shocks are supposed to be 4mm shorter due to a thicker top-out plate, but my Euro 350SXF had the shorter shock also.

Michael