When can i move up?

OK, so ive been riding a 125 for a few months now, im getting better each time i go ride and am getting used to riding the 125.

My question is, when will i know that i have so called "mastered" a 125 and am ready for a 250f completely? I know nobody really masters a bike, but what are the signs i should move up, like how far should i be able to jump, how fast should i be ble to turn and what not?

I know its gonna be a whiel, but im just asking. I also know im probably gonna get a lot of answers that are different.

(also, i know its all about comfort level, im just asking around :banana: )

the 125 is harder to ride than a 250f if you ask me... they are technically the same bike with different size pipes. just go with wich one feels better

+1.

Much easier bike to ride a 250f, especially on a MX track IMO.

I say if you are thinking of moving up to a four stroke, move up when you can afford it. Gone will be the simple maintenance of the two stroke, and it will be much more labour intensive maintaining the four stroke. Also, make sure you can afford to buy a very late model or new 250F, or you could end up with a pile of scrap metal sitting in the back of your shed, with a repair bill greater than what the bike is worth. Sure the four strokes definitely are easier to ride fast, which is why they are so popular, but there is definitely a much greater cost involved. I have ridden and raced both, but deep down a two stroke die hard, and will never switch back to the four strokes ever again. There is a weight off my shoulders knowing I have an awesome 250 2 stroke sitting in my shed begging to be ridden, and now I dont need to worry that the motor is about to grenade itself and do $3000 damage, or that I have an expensive top end rebuild due. Two stroke = Pure Bliss !!!!!!!

:banana:

I imagine it will take more than a few months before you will be able to use the full potential of the 125. If you have actually mastered the 125, then you should have no problems competing with the guys on their 250f's, in which case, getting a 250f would just be a lateral move rather than 'moving up'.

If you can ride the 125 you can certainly ride a 250f. You could even ride a 450f but that doesn't mean you should. Which power delivery do you like better? That and cost will determine your next bike.

I personally am more than happy with my 125. In my own opinion, that's all anybody under 200lbs really needs. You just have to learn how to ride it right.

+1+1+1+1+1 ha that exactly what i was thinking. selling my 250f saturday and getting back to the 2t. Why, cuz i dont have a bottemless wallet and "on the pipe" is a term i want to use every time i ride!

Thats great to hear !!!! :eek:­čśë

As I said before, I ride a new YZ 250 2 stroke and love it, but am looking for a clean late model YZ 125 to add to my collection as they are just so much fun to ride. Been riding a mates 125 more than mine in the last few weeks for this reason. Pinned everywhere!!!!!!!!!!

:banana: