2001 YZ 250 front end on a 2002 xr400r

do you think its worth putting a 2001 YZ 250 front end on a 2002 xr400r?

my stock XR forks and wheel are ok but i the yz front end has proper cartage's and is basically free.

here is a link of what the YZ forks look like:

http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_image_popup.asp?fveh=6952&section=286790&year=2001&make=YAMAHA&category=motorcycles&dc=792&name=FRONT+FORK

here is a link of what the XR400 forks look like:

http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_image_popup.asp?fveh=4294&section=190249&year=2002&make=HONDA&category=MOTORCYCLES&dc=792&name=FRONT+FORK

do you guys thing it is worth the effort to put it on?

has any one on here put an upgraded front end on there 400?

on what you want to do with it?

I love my USD (CR) forks on my 350 for dual sport use.

The stiffness is wonderful for street use and they absorb the little hard edged stuff that crashes the stock forks.

Most seem to love them for more open riding, higher speed stuff.

They would not be as nice on tight woods riding as the turning radius is increased and the compliance isn't as good.

Stock 400 forks can be made to work very well with tuning and proper springs for your weight.

But that can be $500 or more.

on what you want to do with it?

I love my USD (CR) forks on my 350 for dual sport use.

The stiffness is wonderful for street use and they absorb the little hard edged stuff that crashes the stock forks.

Most seem to love them for more open riding, higher speed stuff.

They would not be as nice on tight woods riding as the turning radius is increased and the compliance isn't as good.

Stock 400 forks can be made to work very well with tuning and proper springs for your weight.

But that can be $500 or more.

they are great for open riding, i cannot deny that. But once you drop the forks in the clamps a bit, the trail riding gets much much better. your wheel base gets a tad shorter and the geometry is returned closer to stock. the turning radius isn't as tight as the stock forks with the stock tank. if you use a clark tank you don't need to run extra bump stops and your turning radius returns to stock. The stiffness is something that i like and i think it can be made up for if you the clickers set right/having the forks all out revalved. mine are great in the trails and i wouldn't turn back. the only problem with my suspension now is that the stock rear shock can't keep up with the front suspension. lol