02 RM250 posted as a 07???

The bike is a 2007, its pretty close to where I live and he had it on the Knoxville craigslist. I called him about trading but he said he needed the money. I would dish out $2200 in a heartbeat if he would take it.

Or maybe he didnt even text me the serial number, I cant remember because I trade so much LOL. Anyways, heres what I sent him through ebay as a question.

"I dont know if you know this already or not, but im gonna tell you anyways. Your bike is not a 2007 model, its a 2002 or maybe a 2003 if your lucky. The reason I am telling you this is because your bike has the slotted brake rotors, old suspension, 7/8 top clamp, old swingarm, old rear rotor guard, old fork guard, and old kickstart. These things are found on 2002 and 2003 model rm250's. Check the tenth digit in your serial number and it will tell you the year of the bike. This was not my knowledge that pointed out these things, someone on a forum did and they are all talking about it. Just wanted to tell you this before you ripped someone off, whether it be intentional or not. I live in the tri-cities area and would make you an offer on the bike of about $1700. Let me know something. Thanks and God Bless."