best aftermarket sprocket for my 08?

I'm running a 49T Renthal. Just depends on the riding you are going to be doing 49T is going to give you more low end and take away a little top. The higher # 50, 51, 52...you go up the more low end you are going to get and in return you will loose top end. Hope this helps

I went 13/50 on mine, and I am going 13/51 next time. I use 3rd and 4th gear mostly and some tight corners I go to 2nd (rarely). I'd like to gear it down slightly from where I'm at to definitely stay in 3rd and 4th.

• 10 months later...
Renthal on a 450 is a joke from my experience. any aluminum for that matter.

Spend the coin and get an Ironman or Sunstar Works Z. Both will outlast ANY aluminum on a 450 20:1.

Hey captain what chain are you riding?

Since I've installed a DID ERT2 on my brand new "09 450, this sucker has been eating my rear tire knobs and mud flap and destroying my chain slider and stock sunstar rear sprocket since it stretches way too much and flexes sideways a lot.

Now I need to replace chain slider, chain and sprockets, bike has one and a half season.

I might go with "polisports" on the slider, DID VT2 chain and steal front and rear sprockets, mainly riding MOTO, any suggestions?

Ive been running an RK on the Primary Drive RockyMountain sprockets. From what Ive seen an aluminum sprocket is an aluminum sprocket. They all wear out almost instantly on a 450. But at least with the Primary drive parts they're cheap as hell. I think my last sprocket was 29 bucks or something.

Now the chain on the other hand, that primary drive chain is JUNK!! Makes the OEM chain look invincible.

I got 4 rides on the PD chain before I had to remove a link from it to get the adjustment back. It ate the sprockets like a fat kid at a doughnut eating contest.

If the chain on your bike it toast but you want to sell the bike, PD all the way.

The sprockets are the best deal ever though (for aluminum sprockets)

The CRF struggles for clearance at the front sprocket. Some, especially the cheaper ones, tend to be chunkier and will rub the casing or be close enough to drag crap through that will. DID X ring, poss other brands, are thinner but can still drag stuff through. The VT2, T ring, is extra thin but still super strong and perfect for the job.