Another !@#$ brake bleeding problem

I've been trying to help my buddy bleed the front brake system on his son's 2003 KX 65. I've bled many bikes including my son's 65.

We have tried every method:

- as described in the manual

- as described in online videos

- pumping fluid from the caliper to the MC

With all these attemps, it seems like we get all the air out of the system but the lever remains mushy. There are no visible leaks, so we are stumped.:banana:

Time for MC rebuild?

When I take it apart, what should I look for?

Would replacing the washers around the banjo bolts help?

The brake hose shows wear but we can't find any leaks?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

Sometimes it is a pain... Try one pump, open the bleeder and repeat X number of times it takes to get solid. You can also hook a hose over the bleeder and put the other end in a glass jar of brake fluid, that way you wont have to worry about sucking air back in and you can see any bubbles while bleeding.

Just a clip holding the MC guts in, think it was $25 or so for the replacement kit on one of my racers KX100.

Sometimes it is a pain... Try one pump, open the bleeder and repeat X number of times it takes to get solid. You can also hook a hose over the bleeder and put the other end in a glass jar of brake fluid, that way you wont have to worry about sucking air back in and you can see any bubbles while bleeding.

Just a clip holding the MC guts in, think it was $25 or so for the replacement kit on one of my racers KX100.

If we counted how many times we pumped the lever waiting for it to show any signs of building pressure we'd be in the thousands.:banana: We've both bled brakes before so we know the technique. We've moved on to rebuild at this point. We're just wondering where to go first; the MC, the brake line, or the caliper?

No big squirt when using the lever. It has to be the MC. Here's the problem now. I can't seem to find a rebuild kit for it. It's the front MC for a 2003 KX 65. The rear MC has a similar part number. Does anyone know if a rear kit would work or do I need to buy the pieces individually for the front? Do I just need a new piston?