sidi crossfire ta mx boots

Who has these boots? I need some reviews. I broke my ankle earlier this summer on the drz because of my lack of proper boots. I want a comfy and good set of boots. Money is not an issue. The hospital bills will always cost more than $450 the boot costs. Learned my lesson the hard way. Anyways any input would be great!

I have crossfire SRS's. They're a bit stiffer than the TA and took a while (longer than I'd like) to break-in. The TA has a softer sole, which probably would feel better or break-in faster, but that wasn't what I was looking for at the time. Hope this helps and heal well!

Who has these boots? I need some reviews. I broke my ankle earlier this summer on the drz because of my lack of proper boots. I want a comfy and good set of boots. Money is not an issue. The hospital bills will always cost more than $450 the boot costs. Learned my lesson the hard way. Anyways any input would be great!

Ive got these boots in black , ive had them now for around 6-7 months again like you i wanted something that you felt if you did come off your ankles would not be wrenched round ect ect. I had the Sidi Courier boots before and they stood up to 35000 miles of mud and general abuse so that why i got these. One thing thou make sure you try them before you buy becouse i ordered a pair in my usal size and there to tight so if you wear thick socks take them with you when your trying them on. As for the price you get what you pay for i paid £260 and well pleased with them id give them 9/10 why not 10/10 i hear you say well i nothing is 100% perfect :banana:

I'm currently wearing the Sidi Discovery boots, and they are exceptionally comfortable. I'm thinking of stepping up to the Chargers for next season, as they're a bit more rigid looking without being exceptionally rigid. I broke my right ankle into a hundred pieces 20 years ago and don't have the flexibility to get into a real rigid boot.

Bottom line - Sidi quality is worth the price.

as far as sizing goes .. you need to take care on what you choose . i bought the crossfire and took them home , i wore them for 1/2 hour and realized they were too tight . so i took them back , man .. the old bag behind the counter sure was pissed !

i thought size 11 1/2 was good ... turned out i needed 12 1/2

What size shoe do you usually wear chooken. I wear a 12. I was thinkin about getting the 12.5 size. No dealers carry this boot around my parts so I am going to have to order them online.

I would never do that unless I had tried on the same exact boot in a store. (which is kinda lame for the guy that takes the time to open a store...)

Although the Sidi SRS boot itself required no break in for comfort (for me), I'd have to say that that sole is a bit stiff and takes a liitle time to loosen up. But it was a comfortable boot from day 1 and the sole really protects your feet from impacts.

It was a coin toss between the Sidi Crossfires and the Gaerne Sg 12, but the Sidi's felt a little lighter and more compact, so I went for them. The Gaerne's had a nice feel too.

I wouldn't buy boots without trying them on with MX socks first (and the fit is different between thin and bulky socks too). I tried them on and bought them from directly from Craparral store the same day - there wouldn't have been a great savings buying online anyway.

Maybe it's just me, but if I'm forking out 500 bucks for boots, they better darn well fit.

Edited by holeshot
spelling

I agree but all the stores around me just carry low end mx boots. I know some sites will allow free return on boots if they dont fit. Anyone have luck with a website like this?

I have had very good luck ordering boots from Bike Bandit. I have had to return them on more than one occasion because the fit was wrong. No problem, and no extra charge for return shipping. In fact, in one case, the correct size arrived before I had a chance to ship back those with the incorrect fit. In all cases I used their live chat feature to discuss sizing issues and concerns BEFORE I ordered the boots.