Race Tech Gold Valves???

so i am running a 06 klx 250 with heavy mods that produces good power.

i have swaped in a pair of forks from 01 yz 250 f that had a proaction job for a rider of similar weight. I feel the setup is far superior to the stockers.

i do feel the suspension is probable set up for mx or supper cross as the set up is very stif . as a dual sport the set up is awsome on the road but a tad stiff on the trail junk. not as plush on the small stuff. little bouncey on square edge hits. I am reading this forum so I am willing to learn but dont have a lot of time . I would rather ride.

I know nothing about shocks or forks other than how to reseal the forks and set the oil level bleed etc. I am sure the bike is unbalanced right now the front is better but good be great . the back is ok almost bad as it hops and bucks with little traction and bottoms bad sag is set . I am sure I need lots of work.

I was thinking of taking the bike to a reputable shop for a revalve and a new shock. thinking of an ohlins or penske rear

what say yall

...I was thinking of taking the bike to a reputable shop for a revalve and a new shock. thinking of an ohlins or penske rear

what say yall

Can't go wrong afaik with an Ohlins. People who know suspensions will tell you to make your own shim stack and not worry about "gold valves". I prefer to just take my bike to a shop like you're thinking - mainly because I feel that they do a better job of taming the suspension than I can do in the same amount of time, and I want to ride the bike. :banghead: I've used Factory Connection and Race Tech in Corona and have been very happy with their work. Enzo is out here too and I've heard good things, but haven't used the shop (yet...). There are plenty of big and small shops that can get the job done right; if you have one in mind, just post the name and someone will probably say something about it. Anyway, my 2c. GL! :ride:

Edited by davidl9999
the usual typo... lol

The Race Tech settings and parts are good. I've used them and liked the results. If you don't have a good local suspension tuner or don't want to ship your forks off, the Race Tech stuff is a good option. Learning to revalve the stock valves is another good option if you don't mind spending the time experimenting with different settings. You'll learn a lot but this can be very time consuming and don't be surprised if you go through some experimental settings that border on dangerous.