07 yz250 vs 01 ktm 300exc

ok, i have an 07 yz250. i love the bike, ride it fast with buddies on bikes, sometimes ride it slow with family on 4wd quads. suspension is good, it will lug hills all day just off idle. it will go faster then i can manage. then found a great deal on an 01 300exc. how do these bikes compare? i am only an intermediate rider and both bikes are all stock. i like the ktm for the headlight. i ride at night and cant seem to get the light i am looking for with the led helmet/bar lights. not sure i want to spend big money on lights for the yz....not sure the 01 ktm 300 is going to be as good either, then the fact it has a light will not matter as much. any info would be awesome! thanks!:banana:

yea i was kind of thinking that. i was looking at the e line stator and realized i was going to spend a grand on the stator and lights, can buy the whole ktm for 1200....i don't like the led lights, i think trail tech has halogen helmet lights? they are 275.00 though and only last 2 hours...maybe i should start a post on lighting.

yea i was kind of thinking that. i was looking at the e line stator and realized i was going to spend a grand on the stator and lights, can buy the whole ktm for 1200....i don't like the led lights, i think trail tech has halogen helmet lights? they are 275.00 though and only last 2 hours...maybe i should start a post on lighting.

If your looking for run time you'll need HID helmet lights.

PM Offroadrider he can set you up.

I personally prefer halogen because it fills better and doesn't like up dust as much and is easy on my eyes but it takes about twice the watts.

Both Cyclops and Trail Tech make HID and halogen helmet lights. I prefer cyclops, the TT staff asks more questions then they can answer.

ok thanks i will look farther into the hlemet lights. i know the led lights do not give any depth perception of the ground making ditches and such kind of suprising. i need a halogen/ hid light to add to my led's. strangely the led's worked great down a dark road in 5th gear, they are bright! makes the trail decieving though