Broken humerus

I recently broke my humerus on the 19th of June and was wondering if any of you on here had broken theirs and how long it took you to be able to ride again?

before surgery

36096_410374033366_724288366_4714863_7745929_n.jpg

after surgery

36096_410374038366_724288366_4714864_4754452_n.jpg

and apparently someone was recording the race I was in and kinda got the crash on video. Ignore the awkward people in the beginning and skip to like 1 minute in. my crash is at 2:05

I broke mine and it SUCKED! Didn't need surgery, but I was in a sling. It took hundreds of hours of PT to get it back to almost normal. I think it was between 4-5 months until I could ride again. It's been 9 months now and it's still a little stiff, which I notice only when sleeping.

I broke mine and it SUCKED! Didn't need surgery, but I was in a sling. It took hundreds of hours of PT to get it back to almost normal. I think it was between 4-5 months until I could ride again. It's been 9 months now and it's still a little stiff, which I notice only when sleeping.

Thanks. I actually just stopped wearing the sling and it's amazing how much muscle I've lost in the 6 weeks since I did it

I hope I can ride in 3 to 4 months but I'm not holding my breath

Have you started PT yet? Once I was started on thera-band exercises I really started to push it at the gym. I found the cable-column worked great; I could do all the excercises PT taught me to do that helped with flexibility and strength. I did cable-column every day for like 45 minutes, then I added weight machines every other day once I was ready. Good luck!

Have you started PT yet? Once I was started on thera-band exercises I really started to push it at the gym. I found the cable-column worked great; I could do all the excercises PT taught me to do that helped with flexibility and strength. I did cable-column every day for like 45 minutes, then I added weight machines every other day once I was ready. Good luck!

Yeah I started PT but for now all I can do are stretches. No strength training yet unfortunately