confirmation of fuel inject atk 650 2 stroke

FINALLY,at least one manufacturer has the balls to finally create what we have all been waiting for,FUEL INJECTED 2 STROKES don't have to worry about jetting finally.

If jetting is hard, wait tell you get to figure out mapping fuel on a computer :banana:

If jetting is hard, wait tell you get to figure out mapping fuel on a computer :banana:

Not that hard actually, I do it just fine on my cars.

But honestly, I look forward to EFI / DFI on two strokes. Even if I like carb tuning :eek: Especially with what they charge for the tuners (200 dollars vs. a 3 dollar jet and ~10 dollar needle, hell even the kits @ 70 dollars are a steal compared to the tuning units).

You guys do know that Husqvarnas 125 enduro is fuel injected.

It's a bit more practical and common the the big ATKs.

Not the WR125 we get here in the States, just the WRE125 sold in Europe as a street legal dual-sport bike. Even that doesn't sound like a true EFI setup based on this "The integrated ECS (Electronic Carburetion System) on the WRE 125 administers exactly the right amount of fuel (both the air/petrol and oil mix) and was developed in collaboration with Dell’Orto." Here's Dell'Orto's website for the ECS, http://www.dellorto.it/ecs.asp

Not the WR125 we get here in the States, just the WRE125 sold in Europe as a street legal dual-sport bike. Even that doesn't sound like a true EFI setup based on this "The integrated ECS (Electronic Carburetion System) on the WRE 125 administers exactly the right amount of fuel (both the air/petrol and oil mix) and was developed in collaboration with Dell’Orto." Here's Dell'Orto's website for the ECS, http://www.dellorto.it/ecs.asp

I don't know. According to Dell'Orto that is the type of fuel injection we all want. It doesn't need a battery,or a fuel pump, and it also controls the power valve. Hopefully they will put this on the rest of their 2strokes so we can get a good look at it.

I don't know. According to Dell'Orto that is the type of fuel injection we all want. It doesn't need a battery,or a fuel pump, and it also controls the power valve. Hopefully they will put this on the rest of their 2strokes so we can get a good look at it.

Not me. I want direct injection like what you're seeing in snowmobiles and outboard motors. The problem is they are complex and expensive compared to a carb. This is more of an old school throttle body setup. You're still sending the fuel through the crankcase just like a carbed bike. I'm sure there are some benefits to it and it does help the bike run cleaner, other wise Husky wouldn't be using it for their street legal version, but I don't think it'll have a significant performance advantage like a DI setup has the potential to have.

The Dell'Orto ECS is not fuel injection, not even throttle body injection - its just a carburetor. I'm not entirely positive on its operation, but I'm guessing it probably has an actuator to raise and lower the needle. Setups like this aren't for performance, they are for emissions (as someone noticed, this is on a dual sport bike) Old 80s cars had electronically actuated carburetors, they did nothing for performance (usually hurt it actually) and the reliability of them wasn't spectacular either.