2009 xr-l pricing

hi thumpertalkers !

just joined the terrific forum here after lurking for a few months. Im in the market for a new Big Red Pig and was hoping i could get some feedback on out the door pricing.

im in michigan where sales tax is 6%...local dealer wants 6600 including tax plates etc.

if i drive down to southern powersports in chatanooga tn , i figure with gas etc. a new '09 should end up costing around 6200.

can anyone educate me on what a fair out the door price should be ? if anyone bought an XR-L this year what did you pay ??

thanks !!

I got a 08 a couple of months ago off of e-bay for $4750 out the door.:banana: Had to pay $215 for my state tax and tag when I got it home.I drove less than 100 miles each way to get it... It had only been out of the crate for less than a week..I made him an offer and he ended the auction(NO BIDS YET).:eek:.........K

Sounds like straight up MSRP plus the tax, title, tags etc to me. If ya ain't in the mood to travel to get a new one cheaper, buy it. It will sell at that price sooner or later.

And welcome to TT. Great wealth of knowledge here.

hi thumpertalkers !

just joined the terrific forum here after lurking for a few months. Im in the market for a new Big Red Pig and was hoping i could get some feedback on out the door pricing.

im in michigan where sales tax is 6%...local dealer wants 6600 including tax plates etc.

if i drive down to southern powersports in chatanooga tn , i figure with gas etc. a new '09 should end up costing around 6200.

can anyone educate me on what a fair out the door price should be ? if anyone bought an XR-L this year what did you pay ??

thanks !!

Don't buy new, there's a lot of slightly used totally stock ones in Michigan. A guy in my club has a 2006, under 6k miles and only wants $3500. search Craigslist, tehre are many on there, some with some aftermarket goodies too.

Where in Michigan are you? I just sold my 2008 on Friday. If you might be interested in the one in my club, I can put you in contact with him. pm me your email and I'll pass it along.

I have a 2002 with 3900 miles on it for 2300.

It's a stock bike with a slip on, brand new Kenda Dot knobbies.

Smog crap and all is still on the bike, it sat up to my cabin for years.

I wouldn't buy a new one when you can get a low mileage one for 1/3 the price and sell it two or three years later and not lose any money.

A friend of mine has one with about the same miles for sale for 2400.

Edited by pwrpapa

...thanks for all the info everyone. Was thinking of going used , looked at a few , but im tired of dealing with people who outright lie about the condition of the bike or are trying to pull some kind of scam with the title....at least with a new one i can break it in myself.

...thanks for all the info everyone. Was thinking of going used , looked at a few , but im tired of dealing with people who outright lie about the condition of the bike or are trying to pull some kind of scam with the title....at least with a new one i can break it in myself.

Try Stevens cycle in Midland if your looking for a new bike.:banana: