CRF 230f

Two questions about the crf 230f.

Number one,when you clean the air filter in the bike,should you clean it then put it back in,with no oil or anything on it,or i have heard your suppose to soak it in oil so it gets a oil coat,but then can it still breath?

Number two.How often should you charge your fork oil,every year?

Two questions about the crf 230f.

Number one,when you clean the air filter in the bike,should you clean it then put it back in,with no oil or anything on it,or i have heard your suppose to soak it in oil so it gets a oil coat,but then can it still breath?

Number two.How often should you charge your fork oil,every year?

You have to oil the air filter, otherwise dirt will go straight through. Just dont overoil and you will be fine.

When you oil an air filter, make sure you soak it enough so when you squeeze it, the excess runs out from between your fingers. You cannot squeeze out too much. Make sure you do not twist or "ring" out the filter; wad it up and squeeze. I like No-Toil simply because it is easy to wash out with powdered laundry detergent.

For question number 2 your fork seals wont even last a year if you ride the bike often, so when the seals begin to leak then its time to change oil.:banana:

mine have lasted almost 3 years. With riding in sand, water, and bottoming out the suspension on the mx track they are still going strong.

For question number 2 your fork seals wont even last a year if you ride the bike often, so when the seals begin to leak then its time to change oil.:banana:

if you keep your seals clean then they shouldn't leak for 2-4+ years

I've never had a set leak in less then a year

I'm still running my stock seals, and I've got hundreds of hours on my '07CRF230F..... and I'm not running any fork boots or seal saver type socks.

I have had to clean them once with a tear-off, once cleaned out, no more leaks.

I'm still running my stock seals, and I've got hundreds of hours on my '07CRF230F..... and I'm not running any fork boots or seal saver type socks.

I have had to clean them once with a tear-off, once cleaned out, no more leaks.

+1, I'm still on oem seals in my 05 150f, I got the bike in 06, and I've put hundreds and hundreds of hours on it, I've even loaned hte bike to friends multiple times to go ride it

I weight 145, and I run the bike hard.. Bottoming the suspension constantly, when I strap it down in my bike I strap it TIGHT

I do run the fork boots, but when I remove them to clean after 6 months, they are always SPOTLESS inside :banana:

I have an 06 230 with a fair bit of use under it.

Seals have never leaked. I wanted to see what the oil was like in there so changed it last weekend - to be honest what came out didn't look too bad....way more "in grade" than the stuff that was in my Fazer1000!

Periodically pull back the rubber gaitors over the forks and put a small feeler guage blade around the inside of the seal - you'll be surprised at the muck that you can lift out. This lessens the chance of a bit of grit getting trapped and causing oil leakage or damage to the stanchions. You'll notice the rear of the gaitors have holes in them so if you ride in wet conditions there will be some moisture/mud on the fork tubes which is why it's important to check them now and again.