2006 crf150f clutch question

Lately I have noticed that when I'm shifting up and down, that the bike misses a gear every once and a while...is that normal, or do I need to get a new clutch basket and stuff?

I was also wondering how much free play I should have in my clutch lever/cable?...is a Nickles width ok?

Please help!!

spec freeplay sucks, just go with that feels good for you, i have almost 0 freeplay in all my bikes, dont go too tight that the clutch is slipping, but anywhere after that should be good, unless its so loose that its not fully disengaging when u pull it in.

missed shifts are normal, most of the time its the rider.

i sometimes get false neutrals, but hardly ever.

you shouldnt need to replace anything on your bike for at least 300 years. maybe tires at 150, but only if you ride hard :banana:

spec freeplay sucks, just go with that feels good for you, i have almost 0 freeplay in all my bikes, dont go too tight that the clutch is slipping, but anywhere after that should be good, unless its so loose that its not fully disengaging when u pull it in.

missed shifts are normal, most of the time its the rider.

i sometimes get false neutrals, but hardly ever.

you shouldnt need to replace anything on your bike for at least 300 years. maybe tires at 150, but only if you ride hard :banana:

that depends on the tires. The stock tires wore down like it had 80rwhp:busted:. I hit false neutrals sometimes too but most of the time, it happens when im dead tired.