96 dr350

I am looking at a 96 DR350. whats the difference in a dr350 to DR350se?

this bike has a kick start and says 350 off road stickers on it.

the dr-se has electric start and road lights right?

any motor /carb differences?

it smokes a little , looks good and he wants $800 thought about offering $500.

IMG00208-20100514-2009.jpg

The SE has elec start and all the extra lights (of course), as well as automatic decompression, cush drive hub, gauges and steering lock, and a CV carb. The dirt model has the manual decompression lever (next to the clutch), Mikuni TM33 pumper carb (MUCH better throttle response), and the sprocket is bolted directly to the hub.

AFAIK that's everything.

$500 is a steal of a deal:thumbsup:

The SE has elec start and all the extra lights (of course), as well as automatic decompression, cush drive hub, gauges and steering lock, and a CV carb. The dirt model has the manual decompression lever (next to the clutch), Mikuni TM33 pumper carb (MUCH better throttle response), and the sprocket is bolted directly to the hub.

AFAIK that's everything.

$500 is a steal of a deal:thumbsup:

what about the little bit of smoke once in awhile? I cant remember if it on wot or decel. a little heaver oil when I do a oil change or you think it maybe the start of bigger problem?

seem to run fine.

Make sure that your state will allow you to register a bike that is labeled "for off road use only"

Some states don't, which means you will need to use a trailer/pickup truck to transport it to where you want to ride..

If the smoke is blue that would be a major concern, possible deal breaker for me unless your prepared to possibly do top end rebuild.

Good luck. :banana: