Iron man

Im not disputing that, never said they had one this year, I was just asking which one he was referring to, in hopes that they WERE having one this year.

Fair enough, but he did ask about "The Ironman", not "The Last Man Standing" :banana:

Oh yeah, to the OP, I've raced multiple GNCCs in both the morning and afternoon race and the Ironman is 1 of my favorite GNCC courses. The soil is good out there, so unless it's real wet, it isn't too sloppy and even if it's dry, it's not the baked out clay that you see at lots of GNCCs. The open fields are a blast and the woods around the river are nice too. There will be a few hills that can be intimidating to a C class rider, but they're really not that bad. Since you've never raced at all, I suggest going into it with the goal of surviving. If you make it to the checker flag in 1 piece, it's a victory no matter what position you finish in. Class wise, sign up for a C class, either the 4-stroke lights or an appropriate age class.

after looking into it more im going to take on a smaller race first. i remember my uncle racing in it about 2 years ago and he was wiped out after it.

Ehh, my first race after getting back into bikes after a 10+ year layoff from dirtbikes was the Penton GNCC in '04. I did 2 laps and called it a day, finished way back in my class. It just makes for a good story :banana: If you can get a local race in first, cool, but don't let it be a deal breaker if you don't.