09 crf450 fork rebuild problem

This has to have been the case already before you've serviced the fork. The compression unit is a 'closed' system, so as long as you haven't taken it apart, there can't be any difference to before.

About 22 clicks are standard

I just rebuilt the forks on my 09 crf 450 due to a bad fork seal. It seem now that one fork leg has about 20 clicks on comp and the other 29. any idea what is going on here?

As was suggested it was an issue before the rebuild. This is fairly normal to say. I have seen Showa CRF shocks that had 28 clicks or rebound and Showa's that had 20 clicks. The over all shaft length is different. Where for example one is 500mm the other is 495mm. The shaft has to be loosened and measured and adjusted...the same is true from the BV...

What is happening is that the needle is bottoming out sooner on the BV assembly. You can correct this but you need the right tools or you will tear the BV up. Where the pressure spring is...there is a jam nut. If you take both BV's and measure the distance I can bet you that one is shorter. Hence less clicks. Measure the correct length and adjust accordingly.

theDogger

i thought i read somewhere that its not fully in until it wont turn, not just getting tight. i had FC revalve my suspension from the bike with 0 hours on it. I had a seal go bad at 35 hours and changed out the seals, bushings and all oils. Didn't take anyhting apart I didn't have to. I've never had to start from scratch on the setting, until i took them apart and backed off the settings. I never had a major problem with FC before, but if this is the case of their work i can be hard to get them to correct it. Any specs anyone can send on this? This was my first time taking apart suspenion and overall I find it very hard to accept them charging $100 + parts for a rebuild, when this job takes about 10 minutes a fork leg taking your time.

it really doesnt matter, the clicks are from fully in(no bleed) the amount of clicks after the normal setting(eg 16) is redundant, as all you are doing is making the hole bigger, only a problem if the suspension is too stiff