Grip Glue inside throttle tube

Well this sucks.

I was putting a new grip on my brand new aluminum throttle tube which has a small end cap with a little hole in it. So I slathered on some grip glue and slid the grip over and after a few minutes I look down into the tube and discover that grip glue has piled up inside the bottom of the tube. It so happens that as the grip goes on, the glue piles up in the end of the grip then flows into the tube through the little hole in the end cap. Then, as I try to get some glue out, I end up smearing even more up the sides of the tube. This can't be good, as the tube is a rotating part on the bar, and anything in there is liable to cause the throttle to stick open which is hazardous to ones health.

A few questions are in order:

1) Has this happened to anyone else?

2) Any ideas on how I could get clean out the inside of the throttle tube? The glue is probably dry by now.

3) Should I even bother with grip glue or just use wire?

Any help is welcome.

Try using a small amount of glue and put it on the throttle tube just past the very end and going towards the throttle cable so it is away from the very end of the bar and wont get trapped in the hole.

I would also wire tie each grip 2-3 times and you can even try WD-40 instead of grip glue, people swear by it working...

I ended up pulling the grip off and then using acetone to clean up all the glue. Everything is back normal and I've read that enamel spray paint works good as an adhesive so I'm going to start over with the paint.

I think it will do a cleaner, nicer job.

I let a friend off mine install a new set off grips the day before a race. He must of used a bucket of glue because it over flowed between the throttle tube and the bar and stuck it solid. I had to use a hammer and chisel to get it off in little bits.