Mika Ahola on a Husqvarna for 2011?

• 2 weeks later...

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.motociclismo.es%2FDeporte%2Fenduro%2Fmika-ahola-deja-honda%2F10334&sl=es&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Just read this in a Spanish bike publication: www.motociclismo.es

Mika Ahola leaves Honda.

Ahola may call at the computer to run on Husqvarna Enduro 3

The transfer market in the World Enduro is hotter than ever. After passing pump KTM Gas Gas given by Ivan Cervantes, now comes to light the break between Mika Ahola and HM Zanardo team, with the Finn seems that the team will go to pilot the new Husqvarna TE 511.

The transfer market in the World Enduro is more upbeat than ever. The revolution was started by Ivan Cervantes , who will race for Gas Gas from next year after leaving the structure of KTM, and is now his rival for the title Enduro 2, Mika Ahola, who we are surprised to learn that no bear HM Zanardo team in 2011.

It was known the interest of Finland to run next year in Enduro 3, but what nobody could imagine is that the head of Ahola was doing so with another mark, which, although we do in the absence of official communication Husqvarna possibly. And is that the Italo-German firm wants to champion the TE 511 and having a man pointer in each of the categories: Antoine Meo, at E1; Juha Salminen in E2, and Ahola, at E3.

This move could make his position at Honda were placed in the hands of Simone Albergoni, who did not continue into next year KTM. Although it is possible that Albergoni ends in TM, a brand under which it takes time to negotiate

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!

Call me when Ryan Dungey signs with them!! Even if it's in the wee hours of the morning, call!!!!! But wait until midday if it's anyone else in the top 20. Unless it's K-dub. Then, again, call anytime.

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!

Call me when Ryan Dungey signs with them!! Even if it's in the wee hours of the morning, call!!!!! But wait until midday if it's anyone else in the top 20. Unless it's K-dub. Then, again, call anytime.

I agree. I can't get excited about the second stringers either.

Mika Ahola, a second stringer? Wow..... amazing to stumble into some parallel universe where people believe AMA MX is the most important series on earth. You guys Facebook friends with Jody Wiesel?:bonk:

What's Facebook?? I thougt it was a irrelevant timewaster for girls, wives, and adolescents! No facebook page here, Bra!

Um, AMA MX is the most important series on earth. Welcome to our Reality Universe. Where are the sponsorship dollars? Where are the TV cameras? Where do the fans attend in DROVES! Where do FIM world champions go to see how they stack up against the best in the world? Big deal, another Husky offroad rider ( I realize he does kick a$$ and would laugh at my sorry skills)........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.............. That's really going to sell more bikes for them. If they want to crack into Orange territory they need to crack into MX. KTM realized this and did what it took. I think they sell several more bikes than Husky, ande are legitimate in the MX crowd.

I'm smiling as I type not trying to dis or raise any hackles but they already have a good following in HS and End and trailriding. They need MX sales. They were on the right path in 2000-2002, than financial woes devestated the headway they had made. Hell I even actually RACED against another Husky at Loretta Lynn's in 2001, and several in the qualifying.

I guess some people don't want them to grow and some people do.

It's no secret that MX drives technological advancement, and wanna be MXers drive bike sales. That's the perpendicular universe that we ride in.

What's Facebook?? I thougt it was a irrelevant timewaster for girls, wives, and adolescents! No facebook page here, Bra!

Um, AMA MX is the most important series on earth. Welcome to our Reality Universe. Where are the sponsorship dollars? Where are the TV cameras? Where do the fans attend in DROVES! Where do FIM world champions go to see how they stack up against the best in the world? Big deal, another Husky offroad rider ( I realize he does kick a$$ and would laugh at my sorry skills)........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.............. That's really going to sell more bikes for them. If they want to crack into Orange territory they need to crack into MX. KTM realized this and did what it took. I think they sell several more bikes than Husky, ande are legitimate in the MX crowd.

I'm smiling as I type not trying to dis or raise any hackles but they already have a good following in HS and End and trailriding. They need MX sales. They were on the right path in 2000-2002, than financial woes devestated the headway they had made. Hell I even actually RACED against another Husky at Loretta Lynn's in 2001, and several in the qualifying.

It's no secret that MX drives technological advancement, and wanna be MXers drive bike sales. That's the perpendicular universe that we ride in.

Until KTM wins the Premier Class in AMA MX, they will never really be considered really part of the Big 5. Husky will never get back in the MX game in the US, they don't have the cash.

EXACTLY!

If Husky's plan is to be a major player in the offroad market, they have to make a dent in MX. I know the off-road guys believe differently.

EXACTLY!

If Husky's plan is to be a major player in the offroad market, they have to make a dent in MX. I know the off-road guys believe differently.

You mean like ktm have, sorry you are talking crap, The japanese have done a great job driving their sales via MX, but MX is at best a stagnating sport, compared with any major car series it's toy money and road bike series thump it out of the park to.

Husky are being smart, play to your offroad strengths, gain sales and profile, then attack the MX market, pretty much the ktm strategy.

Personally I think the jap brands are in a bit of trouble, there is a lot of kickback on the cost of four strokes and ktm/husky are way better positioned to exploit that, not to mention they are in Europe and whilst USA is a cash cow for bikes it's going to take ages to recover and the rest of the world is the growth market, where husky is building sales very solidly & the return on investment from a mika will far outweigh the return from an early attempt at AMA MX which would fail ( honda in formula 1 for example, aprilla in fim MX).

I truly think the only real thing going for all the euro brands is the PLATE. The street legal bikes are the biggest thing is these parts. If honda or suzuki made there enduro bikes street legal I would have never looked at husky. Jap bikes are amazing machines they are just slacking in realizing what people need these days.

You mean like ktm have, sorry you are talking crap, The japanese have done a great job driving their sales via MX, but MX is at best a stagnating sport, compared with any major car series it's toy money and road bike series thump it out of the park to.

Husky are being smart, play to your offroad strengths, gain sales and profile, then attack the MX market, pretty much the ktm strategy.

Personally I think the jap brands are in a bit of trouble, there is a lot of kickback on the cost of four strokes and ktm/husky are way better positioned to exploit that, not to mention they are in Europe and whilst USA is a cash cow for bikes it's going to take ages to recover and the rest of the world is the growth market, where husky is building sales very solidly & the return on investment from a mika will far outweigh the return from an early attempt at AMA MX which would fail ( honda in formula 1 for example, aprilla in fim MX).

Sorry for my crap talking, but yes I mean exactly like KTM has. KTM has not been a major player in MX but they have at least made an effort in the past ten years to support a MX team. R&D in MX has always had benificial hand me downs for off-road plus the benifits of exposure.

Well in motocross or any other form of off-road racing, people only care about who has the #1 plate of is the champion.

No one remembers or cares about second.

Point is... if your going motocross or supercross racing, you had better be going after the number 1 plate or you're just wasting money.

You either hire Steward or Dungey or you don't do it at all.

In off-road WEC competition Mika Ahola is one of the top three fastest World Enduro riders right now along with Meo and Knight.

Actually if WEC kept overall points it would be Meo 1st, Ahola 2nd, Cervantes 3rd, Knight 4th and Nambotin 5th

Mika Ahola is the current World Champion in WEC and he's leading KTMs Ivan Cervantes by over 20 points with just three races to go.

Antoine Meo is leading E1 by over 40 points with current KTM World Champion Johnny Aubert in 3rd and 50 points back.

Juha is back next year and he's faster than Knight by a long way so there's a good chance Husqvarna could easily have all three world championships in 2011... which is kind of the plan.

just Sayen

Well in motocross or any other form of off-road racing, people only care about who has the #1 plate of is the champion.

No one remembers or cares about second.

Point is... if your going motocross or supercross racing, you had better be going after the number 1 plate or you're just wasting money.

You either hire Steward or Dungey or you don't do it at all.

just Sayen

I disagree and think they could do a lot with the right choice.

My comment on Dungey was tounge-in-cheek, Of course they can't afford him. But what about, say, Ricky Dietrich like you mentioned elsewhere? Top guy offroad. Top-ten in the nationals and loved by the press and fans. He's already seen some Speed coverage, and had interviews in top MX mags. Hardcore MXers think it's totally sweet when an offroad guy shows up and is so gnarly he hands 75% of the best MXers in the country their asses.

They would be getting A LOT for their money, without ever even worrying who's fighting for the #1 plate.

Next-best scenario, a top-tenner like Kyle Chisolm. Realistic salary with TV coverage and national exposure in a real-world race.

There's a lot more to the nationals than the #1 plate. Do you know how many people show up to their local national who are interested in how their Local Pro will do? A Lot. The guys scrapping for 20-40 place have a TON of heart and Husky should be marketing to them, too. It would make sense. It doesn't make sense NOT to.

Travis Preston winning an AMA 125 Supercross is arguably Husky's proudest moment of recent history. Lamson's second at the MGM Grand is second. Too bad RC was there......

I disagree and think they could do a lot with the right choice.

My comment on Dungey was tounge-in-cheek, Of course they can't afford him. But what about, say, Ricky Dietrich like you mentioned elsewhere? Top guy offroad. Top-ten in the nationals and loved by the press and fans. He's already seen some Speed coverage, and had interviews in top MX mags. Hardcore MXers think it's totally sweet when an offroad guy shows up and is so gnarly he hands 75% of the best MXers in the country their asses.

They would be getting A LOT for their money, without ever even worrying who's fighting for the #1 plate.

Next-best scenario, a top-tenner like Kyle Chisolm. Realistic salary with TV coverage and national exposure in a real-world race.

There's a lot more to the nationals than the #1 plate. Do you know how many people show up to their local national who are interested in how their Local Pro will do? A Lot. The guys scrapping for 20-40 place have a TON of heart and Husky should be marketing to them, too. It would make sense. It doesn't make sense NOT to.

Travis Preston winning an AMA 125 Supercross is arguably Husky's proudest moment of recent history. Lamson's second at the MGM Grand is second. Too bad RC was there......

The point I was making is PEOPLE ONLY REMEMBER WHO IS #1!

KTM figured that out a few years ago and cut their spending here in the USA and focused it instead in World MX1 and MX2 where it's easier to win a championship. KTM went out and bought the best racers playing on the European side of the big pond and now they pretty much own world motocross in Europe.

Here in the states KTM doesn't sell a lot of MX bikes other than those used in speciality classes like Vet and Senior as well as a lot of off-road racers who buy them as left-overs for cross county racing.

Bobby made a comment about Japanese motocross bikes and why they're popular... yes they good, but right now they're also very cheep!

As far as Husqvarna discounting bikes year after year... it only hurts Husqvarna dealers who followed the original flooring plan and you the customer when it comes time for you to sell your used Husqvarna.

In professional baseball when a team has a loosing record three years in a row the owners fire the manager and bring in new management.

With all the new exciting product Husqvarna is about to release they need a competent manager who can deliver.

justSayen :bonk:

• 3 weeks later...

This reported on Motoonline.net: http://www.motosonline.net/noticies.asp?id=3204

Mika Ahola on Husqvarna in 2011!

Forming a strong team with Antoine Meo and Juha Salminen

Husqvarna is preparing a strong team for the World Cup of enduro 2011, and one of its members will be Mika Ahola, who will leave Honda HM Zanardo running-in category E III with the new Husqvarna TE511.

Mika Ahola leading comfortably (21 points) the classification of the category E II ahead of Ivan Cervantes, and is within reach of his second title in that class and the fourth of his career. Ahola was a champion in E II in 2007, and IE in 2008 and 2009. Husqvarna offers now part of the new equipment that will be for the World Cup 2011. Correrría Ahola E Class III with the new Husqvarna TE511, while in E II would be his compatriot Juha Salminen, and EI the Frenchman Antoine Meo, current leader of its kind in the World Cup. Husqvarna has not won a World enduro since 2002, when Petteri Silvan in E i and E Samuli Aro II was champion with the Italian brand. For its part, lower in HM-Honda Ahola could be filled by Simone Albergoni, currently third in the World E III, who disputes the runner-up to Cristophe Nambotin, almost unreachable behind David Knight.

So it's somewhat official :ride: