It lives !

After looking at my bike for almost 3 months , I was finally able to go for a ride today and run in my C/W big bore . The bike was all done and ready to go in may , but a flat battery then a broken ankle stopped me from riding . So I charged the battery , drained and replaced the fuel , dusted off the cobwebs and gave it a stab on the starter . Second hit it fired up and settled into a comfortable idle . I warmed her up and checked for any leaks and set the MCCT , then turned her off and put my riding gear on and took her out , to break her in mototune style . Wow am I impressed with the difference a 94 mm piston makes , heaps of punch now . I was happy when I did my 3x3 and jetted the mikuni . I was very happy when I swapped the mikuni for the FCR/MX ( thanks kev ) . I was stoked with the performance a set of hotcams gave me . Then I was gutted to break an ankle and need a reconstruction . But now I am over the moon to have my big bore . Cant wait to do my first oil change when she cools down a bit and go out and give it some , greg :banana: ( a very happy chappy )

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick question , after riding the wee beastie for a month or so now with the new piston and barrel , I have noticed it is running a lot smoother at constant throttle around town . I can sit in 5th and do 60kph with the 15/44 gearing , just purring along . Whereas before I had to use 4th , it just lugged to much . Has anyone noticed this on there SM . I expect it is because the 94mm piston has greater mass or bang for buck , but it is a nice benefit when you are just putting along on a nice day , greg :bonk:

Just a quick question , after riding the wee beastie for a month or so now with the new piston and barrel , I have noticed it is running a lot smoother at constant throttle around town . I can sit in 5th and do 60kph with the 15/44 gearing , just purring along . Whereas before I had to use 4th , it just lugged to much . Has anyone noticed this on there SM . I expect it is because the 94mm piston has greater mass or bang for buck , but it is a nice benefit when you are just putting along on a nice day , greg :bonk:

Hey Greg...+1 on seeing you back on the scoot....:foul:

Out with the :D...In with the..:usa:...Enjoy..!

The larger cc is giving you more torque..:usa:ūü§£

Good'O Greg I didn't realise you were mobile again!

Extra torque is helping you out I think, 'just putting along on a nice day', wow i find it nearly impossible to do that!!

Once you get the MRD/SSW, enjoy it even more because there's more HP to come.:bonk:

Good'O Greg I didn't realise you were mobile again!

Extra torque is helping you out I think, 'just putting along on a nice day', wow i find it nearly impossible to do that!!

Once you get the MRD/SSW, enjoy it even more because there's more HP to come.:foul:

We dont have too many major roads up here , it is just put put when you are in traffic , so I take quite a few back street short cuts to get empty roads , and any day I can ride without being rained on is a nice day :bonk:

and finally the stroker crank !

Mate I wish I had the cash . It cost enough to do what I have done so far . I figure it would be nearly double that to get the stroker , carb , valves , porting and probably new piston and barrel :D