Trans oil leaing into crankcase.

The transmission oil is leaking into the crankcase causing the engine oil to become real high and leak out of the cylinder head vent tube. Possibly a bad seal or something. Has anyone had this problem? and how was it repaired?

Can it be repaired without splitting the cases? I was told this is common 03' to 06' 250's. Your help is appreciated.

It's your right side crankshaft seal. You have to remove the clutch basket to get to it. It's the seal on the shaft that you take the big sight cover off that has the dot that you lign up to the arrow on the case to align your timing marks. It's a real easy job and inexpensive. You need the right side case cover gasket and the right side crankshaft seal. Cases do not need to be split!

you should not use a nickel for that, pennies are used because they are copper and wont damage the gear

it can be either seal, it's not always one or the other

The nickel worked real well it. It's soft and forgiving exactly like the penny and has a large percentage of copper in it. It's also thicker so it causes a little more resistance for super tight bolts. Any kind of hardened metal might chip or break gear teeth.

The other (left side) seal would only leak engine oil into the left side, and has no contact with the trans oil. It wouldn't cause an intermix problem just an engine oil leak.

you are incorrect, the balance shaft seals will let oil pass directly into the crankshaft oil, and vice versa

Sorry, when you said "other seal" I thought you were talking about the other main seal on the other side of the motor. I replaced the right side main seal, it was obviously coming apart. I didn't know there was another seal. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks