Need XR 200 engine info...

I just bought an 2001 BBR perimeter framed cr80 big wheel with XR 200 motor. What a sweet bike for my grand daughter! :banana: But...I am having a nasty time getting it registered for two reasons.:eek: 1. Because the previous (original)owner never registered it here in California since it was new. 2. The only numbers on the whole bike are the engine serial numbers because BBR didn't serialize their frames until business picked up. It may be the first or one of the first CR/XR200 they built. So... Can you tell the year of the motor from these numbers: ME05E-5819911? Also does anyone have access to a PDF of the engine manual? I don't wish to buy a complete repair manual just to have the engine section. Thanks for any help in advance. Please PM me if you can help.

Edited by Dirty_Dave

ME05 is the 86+ XR200R motor, some redbook info was posted on TT a while back that showed #5800001 began in 1998 so that indicates that your engine is late model. If BBR build the complete bike then they probably purchased a new XR200R for the engine. Call BBR, they may be able to provide a MSO or other documentation, maybe they could send you a VIN plate that you could pop rivet to the steering head.