Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Ultimate MX Hauler

I have a friend who has been looking for a used one for quite awhile so I thought I would post here for him. Anyone?

I pass this on and see what he says. I know he is really looking for the MX Hauler but he might be willing to change his mind. Who knows.

I pass this on and see what he says. I know he is really looking for the MX Hauler but he might be willing to change his mind. Who knows.

No problem. I know how people can be stubborn once they have their mind set on something ;-)

You might inform your buddy about the one negative to the umxhauler. I have one and I want to keep it, it works great BUT, if you plan to go offroad at all with the tow truck then a rail type might be better. If you bottom out a umxhauler, you will hit the ground with the wheels of your precious motorcycle, possible doing some damage. If you bottom out a rail carrier you just hit the ground with the carrier itself and your probably not going to damage your bike at all. Just my 2 cents.

You might inform your buddy about the one negative to the umxhauler. I have one and I want to keep it, it works great BUT, if you plan to go offroad at all with the tow truck then a rail type might be better. If you bottom out a umxhauler, you will hit the ground with the wheels of your precious motorcycle, possible doing some damage. If you bottom out a rail carrier you just hit the ground with the carrier itself and your probably not going to damage your bike at all. Just my 2 cents.

Actually, I bought my UMXHauler because of the higher ground clearance. I might have a different setup than you do, but I don't think it's even possible to get the wheels of my bike to touch the ground when it's in the lifted position, unless I back into a hill.

:bonk:

Actually, I bought my UMXHauler because of the higher ground clearance. I might have a different setup than you do, but I don't think it's even possible to get the wheels of my bike to touch the ground when it's in the lifted position, unless I back into a hill.

:bonk:

Mine is on a tundra that also carries a pop up camper so I probably sag a bit more than your average truck. Do you have to lift your bike to get it on the plateform at all?

I have the mxhauler and I have to lift my bike up onto the platform in some situations. It is kinda a pain in the butt. All depends on where I am parked.

Mine is on a tundra that also carries a pop up camper so I probably sag a bit more than your average truck. Do you have to lift your bike to get it on the plateform at all?

On perfectly level ground, It is just about the same height as the skid plate. Usually just lifting the rear fender of the bike just enough to take up the static sag is enough to get it on the platform.

I have an after market MX Hauler, and I love it. When in upright position, I don't see how the wheels of my bike would ever bottom out 4 wheel driving. I do have to lift my bike a very small amount to get it on the platform sometimes. Other times I can just roll it right on.

Also, the MX Hauler takes up a tiny amount of space for storage, which is the main reason that I bought mine.

Tell your friend good luck. I don't think the company that I bought mine from (found it on ebay and there's no brand name on the hauler) is in business anymore, but I saved about $150.