header freeze...

have read about freezing your header to get dents out...

never thought it would work....

before

Picture341-1.jpg

after 1 freeze

Picture360.jpg

dent is 90% gone... probably wont even mess with it anymore...

thanks guys

jay

cool ill do that to mine

Looks good... I know I just got the phone with you. But, does these weaken the material? I.E. since no heat was used to make it malleable. Meaning if hit again does it increase chances of break through?

Looks good... I know I just got the phone with you. But, does these weaken the material? I.E. since no heat was used to make it malleable. Meaning if hit again does it increase chances of break through?

i am sure we will test that.... soon...

How much water did you put in the pipe? Fill it up, just the bottom where the bend is, just enough to cover the damaged area?

I had no idea... so i stood it up in the freezer and filled the water to just over the bend of the pipe.. i did not cap it at all.. i had heard of some splitting so i started off kinda conservative.. one day in the freezer..

I had no idea... so i stood it up in the freezer and filled the water to just over the bend of the pipe.. i did not cap it at all.. i had heard of some splitting so i started off kinda conservative.. one day in the freezer..

Yup, dont cap it and only free past the dent...this way it wont split :bonk:

it worked good.. i was kinda shocked.. i know it is not that bad of a dent, but i wanted to try to get it out.. got plenty o time right now with the lh ankle in an ortho boot. may freeze it one more time to see if it takes the small dents out.. looks much better..

use your own judgement however I have taken a pretty well dented Ti 450 pipe and over filled it and froze it many times with no problem at all

can that work for a 2 stroke pipe?

Yes it can. A pipe is a pipe.

I would be a little more careful with a 2 stroke pipe as they have welded seems that I feel are more of a weak point than a solid pipe

Good point. Thanks