anyone with eric gorr big bore kit for cr125

i have a 02 cr125 and ive been debating if i should sell the bike and get a 250f or keep it and send the top end to eric gorr for the 134 big bore kit. i have had my bike for 4 years and have become very comfortable with riding it, thats why it is making my decision soo tough.

i was wondering who has sent their bike out to eric and how the bike preforms compared to before. would it be worth it to send it out or just buy a 250f.

thanks

We have an 07 cr125 just done by Eric to a 134 set up for bottom end and pump gas....AWESOME!!!!! We have it set up with a boysen rad valve and put the 38 pwk keihin from jd jetting on it, man what a difference this made night and day...My brother has a 250x and I put it on him bad and 2 yz 125's too...Eric is a nice guy I had no problems at all he answered all my questions and the price to do it was good too, $405...........If you have an 02 you might want to see about changing the air box to an 07 model it will breath better....

So was it worth it,YES!.......I was about to get rid of it, but decided to do this....

BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK !!!

Mine is slightly different. I have an 04 with an earlier model HPP style motor done by Gorr. The advantage is 144cc and 6 speed trans. Add a pipe, silencer, carb upgrade and Rad valve. Presto. Can't say enough good stuff about the bike. When I had the head and cyl done, I specified it would normally run a sea level with a steady diet of VP fuel, adn the the head was configured accordingly. Enjoy!

Mine is slightly different. I have an 04 with an earlier model HPP style motor done by Gorr. The advantage is 144cc and 6 speed trans. Add a pipe, silencer, carb upgrade and Rad valve. Presto. Can't say enough good stuff about the bike. When I had the head and cyl done, I specified it would normally run a sea level with a steady diet of VP fuel, adn the the head was configured accordingly. Enjoy!

So you were the one he was telling me about. he put a 99 cylinder on your 04 bottom end. Also bolted in the 6 speed that he said fit in just like the 5 speed. If I had one of the newer 125's with the 5 speed, yours would be exactly what I would do with it. 125's work better with a 6 speed, gives the high reving engine more gear to deal with. My 94 already has the 6 speed so all I need is the 58mm top end and I will be good :bonk:

The swap is amazingly easy, if you want to run an earlier model 6 spd (i.e. HPP) motor.

The issues you will encounter are:

1) swingarm pivot is correct diameter however the other two engine mount bolts holds will need to be enlarged slightly.

2) Depending on the pipe you run, you will need to do a bit of fab work with either the mount pounts or the flange angle. Also, a late model pipe will need to be dimpled on the inside to clear the large HPP powervalve cover.

3) the CDI will need to have a new home, and the harness is too short to mount it behind the front plate. Either extend the harness or be creative.

If you want to run a HPP top end on your 00-01 bottom end, that can be done as well and eliminates problem 1 & 3. However you don't get the 6 speed trans. The only rear mod needed for the motor is an early model power valve actuator/lever.

Have Fun!

The swap is amazingly easy, if you want to run an earlier model 6 spd (i.e. HPP) motor.

The issues you will encounter are:

1) swingarm pivot is correct diameter however the other two engine mount bolts holds will need to be enlarged slightly.

2) Depending on the pipe you run, you will need to do a bit of fab work with either the mount pounts or the flange angle. Also, a late model pipe will need to be dimpled on the inside to clear the large HPP powervalve cover.

3) the CDI will need to have a new home, and the harness is too short to mount it behind the front plate. Either extend the harness or be creative.

If you want to run a HPP top end on your 00-01 bottom end, that can be done as well and eliminates problem 1 & 3. However you don't get the 6 speed trans. The only rear mod needed for the motor is an early model power valve actuator/lever.

Have Fun!

What he told me is that he took the 6 speed gear set and installed it into a 5 speed bottom end. So it must not have been your 04 bottom end that he did that to.

You talking about 5 and 6 gears like is only that,

but I think If you look on the gear ratios

the 5 speed trans is much better then the 6 speed onces!

The most problems by the cr 125 was by shifting 1-2-3

and the 5 speed trans has the best ratios for that.

There are 2 different 6 speed trans, one from 92 to 94 and

the other one from 95 to 97. The last 6 speed trans had in

the first 5 gears realy close ratio to the 5 speed with the

adding of an even faster 6th gear.

You only could make you secondary ratio shorter but i

currently have a 53teeth spocket at the wheel.

And if you do so you have also a shorter 1st gear.

So i don't need one gear more on the end,

i don't even need the 5th gear on our tracks.

What about you?

You talking about 5 and 6 gears like is only that,

but I think If you look on the gear ratios

the 5 speed trans is much better then the 6 speed onces!

The most problems by the cr 125 was by shifting 1-2-3

and the 5 speed trans has the best ratios for that.

There are 2 different 6 speed trans, one from 92 to 94 and

the other one from 95 to 97. The last 6 speed trans had in

the first 5 gears realy close ratio to the 5 speed with the

adding of an even faster 6th gear.

You only could make you secondary ratio shorter but i

currently have a 53teeth spocket at the wheel.

And if you do so you have also a shorter 1st gear.

So i don't need one gear more on the end,

i don't even need the 5th gear on our tracks.

What about you?

I use my 125 mostly for play and trails. A 5 speed may be better on the track but a tall 1st gear really sucks for a 125 on a trail. That is why I like the 6 speed better then the 5, it has a shorter 1st which is better for trail riding.

sorry to change gears on the topic but does anyone ride a EG 144 or 134 kit ride single track, weigh over 230, and ride from 5-12k elevation? i see aluminum frame 125's pretty cheap and was curious if this would be a cheaper and more fun of a option compared to a 97+ 250 for single track?

i am looking at adding a two stroke to the stable this winter and will be looking at all options for single track fun. my xr426 is a kick in the pants but looking for something a lil more fun and light for the really really tight single track in my area.

thanks for all the help

daryl

sorry to change gears on the topic but does anyone ride a EG 144 or 134 kit ride single track, weigh over 230, and ride from 5-12k elevation? i see aluminum frame 125's pretty cheap and was curious if this would be a cheaper and more fun of a option compared to a 97+ 250 for single track?

i am looking at adding a two stroke to the stable this winter and will be looking at all options for single track fun. my xr426 is a kick in the pants but looking for something a lil more fun and light for the really really tight single track in my area.

thanks for all the help

daryl

230 lbs is pretty heavy for a 125, even for a 144 with low end porting. You will probably be happier with a 250.

I need to get some input from you guys that have ridden EG 134cc Honda's. I have a stock 2002 CR with the Rad Valve and that's it. I love the bike and Honda smoker reliability, but need more torque. Several buddies have different brands, so I know that, for example, the RM has much more low-end and at least as much top-end as my Honda. I am so close to trading bikes with my brother for his '03 KTM 200SX, but I am also thinking that for the money I would have to kick in to make the swap work, I could keep my CR and have Eric Gorr do the big-bore deal with porting for that same $500. Still would not have as much as the KTM 200, I know...but the Honda is such a quality bike. Mine has only 24 hours on it. Will the 134cc mod with porting really perk up the Red Machine? I have to say that the CR feels more comfortable and natural for me to ride.

I need to get some input from you guys that have ridden EG 134cc Honda's. I have a stock 2002 CR with the Rad Valve and that's it. I love the bike and Honda smoker reliability, but need more torque. Several buddies have different brands, so I know that, for example, the RM has much more low-end and at least as much top-end as my Honda. I am so close to trading bikes with my brother for his '03 KTM 200SX, but I am also thinking that for the money I would have to kick in to make the swap work, I could keep my CR and have Eric Gorr do the big-bore deal with porting for that same $500. Still would not have as much as the KTM 200, I know...but the Honda is such a quality bike. Mine has only 24 hours on it. Will the 134cc mod with porting really perk up the Red Machine? I have to say that the CR feels more comfortable and natural for me to ride.

Yes.........chk out my earlier reply on 1st page