Sign in to follow this  

2011 350 SXF Skid Plate by Works Connection

Hey guys.

We just finished up our prototype Skid Plate for the 2011 KTM 350 and wanted to show you guys the finished plate.

The Skid Plate features our RIMS - Rubber Isolated Mount System and includes pre-cut oil drain access holes so you don't have to remove the Skid Plate for oil changes.

We are hoping to have the production Skid Plates on or before 9/9/10 so we're really close.

I have included a link to additional pics...

http://worksconnection.com/details.php?id=747&modyear=439&return=439-5-350%20SXF

b9bf99fa.jpg

looks awesome mate, if I want to order from Australia do I go through ballards ??

Also is the ktm hardparts one has no drain hole and is not quick release ??

Hello,

fits the skid plate for the 2011 KTM 350 SXF also on the 2011 KTM 250 SXF because the frame is nearly identical? I should have one skid plate for the 350 SXF and one for the 250 SXF both 2011 models.

Can I order the plates directly from your site? When are this plates available and are you shipping to Liechtenstein or Austria (Europe)?

And if you ship to Liechtenstein, what are the shipping costs?

GUTCH,

We decided at this point to introduce just the 'glide plate' that covers the rails...If we get enough requests we may design one that has the additional coverage also.

thanks.

...Eric

looks awesome mate, if I want to order from Australia do I go through ballards ??

Also is the ktm hardparts one has no drain hole and is not quick release ??

cd01,

Ballards would be the place to go for the Skid Plate.

...Eric

Hello,

fits the skid plate for the 2011 KTM 350 SXF also on the 2011 KTM 250 SXF because the frame is nearly identical? I should have one skid plate for the 350 SXF and one for the 250 SXF both 2011 models.

Can I order the plates directly from your site? When are this plates available and are you shipping to Liechtenstein or Austria (Europe)?

And if you ship to Liechtenstein, what are the shipping costs?

rikioh<

We haven't had a chance to try it yet on the 250 but I should have an answer in a couple of days. If the chassis is the same as the 350 it should...but we don't assume it fits until we actually try it on a bike. The drain areas could also be slightly different between the two models too.

I will post when I find out for sure.

Also you would order through :

Pro Circuit Racing- Deutschland

...Eric

Edited by Works_Connection
added text.

looks awesome.

will the Rubber Isolated Mount System cut down on the vibration?

stunt101<

The main reason we developed the rubber mounted system is to keep the chassis flex the same as without a skid plate. There are certain points of the frame that you want the frame to flex and that helps in the handling characteristics of the bike. Factory Bikes have utilized rubber mounted systems for years as the riders could 'feel' the difference.

...Eric

Hey Guys,

We just shot a video showing how to install the Skid Plate for the 2011 KTM 350. If you are like me...you would rather watch a video than read the instructions on the easiest way to do it :bonk:

In actuality the skid plate install is a simple 5 minute process due to the way our mounting system was set up. Just to let everyone know ahead of time...the video is not going to be receiving any awards for cool editing, cool music or even awesome camera angles...but you get a good idea of how easy it really is once you watch it.

Thanks!

glide plate is better than nothing I guess, but for offroad we need a full skid plate with side protection. does anyone have them out for the 11 ktm's