Sign in to follow this  

spocket bolts

06 kx450f rear spocket bolt holes .how tight do or should these bolts fit in the hub.mine came lose and i ordered a new set but i,m not too sure that the hub hole's are good .checked the old one's first and then the new one's and there the same, lose.they don' look egg shape but too the eye they could be.need too know if it's time for a new hub.thank's.:bonk:

Mine always came loose, so I bought some self locking nuts and blue lock tight. Came loose again, used red loctite. Perfect now!

You could be one of those really fast guys that just make everything come loose on your bike like me.

The trick is to NOT tighten the bolts. Just hold the bolts and tighten the nuts on the back! Using some blue loctite and a 12mm ring spanner. If you do this, they should NEVER come loose.

i hold the bolt with a wrench or allen key, the I take and cheater the nuts on. I use a 13 tacked onto a 12 and torwue em to probably 40 or more. they say 25 in the manual. you can try that with blue loctite. FYI loctite wont work, especially blue, if the surface isnt almost perfectly clean. use cleaner on the threads and a dab of loctite on them boys. make sure your bolts are hard enough. some are too soft, eeehhem SUZUKI, and they just break right off under high torque.

thank's for the info on torking the bolt's but what i need too know is how loose are the spocket bolt's in the hub hole i don't remeber them fitting in the hole's loose.this what i need too know becasue if they fit tight i need a new hub.thank's

When the bolts are loosely sitting in the hub holes, I'd say there is about 1mm of slop. So yes, some is normal.

The counter sunk heads are supposed to have lots of surface contact with the sprocket metal, which helps to hold each bolt in line with the axis of the hole they go in.

As asg5265 wrote, the metal threads must be clean for loctite to hold. Some old loctite aint a problem, but any oil or dirt sure is.

I've used the stock bolts and some from Moose Racing. No problems with either.

Torque the nuts with a good fitting ring spanner, just hold the bolts steady with an allen key, and 90% of your problems are gone.

thank's for the info on torking the bolt's but what i need too know is how loose are the spocket bolt's in the hub hole i don't remeber them fitting in the hole's loose.this what i need too know becasue if they fit tight i need a new hub.thank's