Oil sight window

I have a question about my 2007 yz250f. When I ran my bike a few weeks ago I looked at the oil window and noticed all the oil was being sucked out the window area and was circulating. Today I started the bike and just thought to look into the window and noticed that I could still see the oil while the bike was on. I was afraid oil wasn't being sucked away and pumped to the head but I unscrewed the oil pressure line check screw and it was working fine. So should I be worried? Does your bike still have oil in the window while running? Thanks

Also when I checked the oil pressure check screw, I had to unscrew it quite a but to see it spew out, is it normal to have to unscrew it so much to see it spew out with oil?

I have a question about my 2007 yz250f. When I ran my bike a few weeks ago I looked at the oil window and noticed all the oil was being sucked out the window area and was circulating. Today I started the bike and just thought to look into the window and noticed that I could still see the oil while the bike was on. I was afraid oil wasn't being sucked away and pumped to the head but I unscrewed the oil pressure line check screw and it was working fine. So should I be worried? Does your bike still have oil in the window while running? Thanks

Also when I checked the oil pressure check screw, I had to unscrew it quite a but to see it spew out, is it normal to have to unscrew it so much to see it spew out with oil?

Yeah, I hear you on the fact, one time the oil was sucked all out and the other time I checked like you were saying, and it was all in the window like it wasn't going anywhere.

I figured myself the one way to find out if it was normal or not was to keep riding it to see if something catastrophic happened or not.

The way I figured it, (when I first noticed it) the bike wasn't even 30 days old, so if something happened, I would have taken it back to the Yamaha dealer and told them about the sight glass window having oil there even when it was running.

It's good to hear confirmation though, right?

Also, I did what you did and unscrewed the oil pressure check bolt, and yes, I had to unscrew it quite a ways before it let loose and gushed some oil.

Later and

Ride On!

Edited by nokickstandsallowed
Added text.