Sign in to follow this  

Any problems with your hour meters?

I can make mine work properly, it shows like 1/3 of the hours. Are you guys winding the cable above or under the rubber gasket on the spark cable that halts water going down the spark tube if you get what I mean...:bonk:

around it then several times around the cap itself.Then back again onto the wire then zip tied together

around it then several times around the cap itself.Then back again onto the wire then zip tied together

Sounds good to me....thats how I did mine......

Tnx lads (and D-K as usual)! Hopefully it will be working tomorrow!

Does your hour meter measure RPM's as well? How did you find out it was only reading 1/3 the hours?

RJM

Before:

IMG_1389.JPG

After tips:

IMG_1390.JPG

Bike:

kx250f_mxdn_större.jpg

Tnx lads (and D-K as usual)! Hopefully it will be working tomorrow!

Nice bike!:bonk:

I can make mine work properly, it shows like 1/3 of the hours. Are you guys winding the cable above or under the rubber gasket on the spark cable that halts water going down the spark tube if you get what I mean...:bonk:

I think mine doesn't measure correctly either. I have a watch strapped to my crossbar pad. Clock said 12:40 hour meter said 15.7. Went out for a 20 minute moto and came in at 1:00 and when I loaded up the hour meter said 15.9. 2/10 of an hour equals 12 minutes not 20? So I wonder how accurate these things really are?

johnk408,

It is true that all hour meters record in 'tenths' which are 6 minute intervals. So sometimes a meter will show say 1.0 but it may only be only 1 minute from changing to 1.1 so in other words they can vary by approx. 5 minutes depending on where they are at in the 6 minute time frame (hopefully that makes sense). With our meters we have tested extensively by comparing them to a stop watch and they are very accurate. If you are timing your motos though to be 100% accurate I would still use a watch of some type since they can be off by a few minutes.

...Eric

I have even seen cheap hour meters that only show whole hours.

Don´t count on it as an alarm clock:thumbsup:

82-540_l.jpg

The meter in the pic only shows minutes until it has reached the first hour, then only hours.

But I guess it´s enough for oil changes.