Best front number plate for a DRZ?

Hey guy's,

I cant figure out what kind of number plate would look best and fit best on my 400E. My favorite number plate is the late RM125/250, RM-Z250/450 number plate, but they would require a good bit of modifying to make them fit.

I also kind of like the Cycra stadium plate, but my bike has Acerbis parts and one thing I hate doing is mixing brands...

One plate I did find is what look's to me like Acerbis latest universal number plate. It has two wholes in the center of the plate (top and bottom). It comes with a mounting braket and bolts, but it looks like it may bolt to the DRZ clamps with out the braket.

If anybody has any suggestions on the best plate to use , or how to modify a plate to fit (especially the RM number plates), I would really appreciate it!:ride:

Acerbis Universal Vented Front Number Plate White

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=24&navTitle=Body&webCatId=10&keyword=NUMBER+PLATE&prodFamilyId=17222

Acerbis Universal Vented Front Number Plate Mount Kit

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=24&navTitle=Body&webCatId=10&keyword=NUMBER+PLATE&prodFamilyId=17223

• 5 months later...

I know I'm bringing up an old topic, but that's what "searches" do.... ?

Debi & SMRookie (or anyone with experience), did you have to do any special with the stock wiring (what did you do) to make the plate work? There is a lot of wiring sheeeeot right in that area.

I know I'm bringing up an old topic, but that's what "searches" do.... ?

Debi & SMRookie (or anyone with experience), did you have to do any special with the stock wiring (what did you do) to make the plate work? There is a lot of wiring sheeeeot right in that area.

just unblot the headlight bracket, unplug the Head light, unplug turn signals and remove that box thingy from the head light bracket(just slide it off the post) and push it behind the #plate ?

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...
9 hours ago, ptgarcia said:

Those aren't just fork guards, it's a one piece number plate/fork guard combo. It is the factory setup on late '90s/early 2000s RM125 and RM250. That particular unit is an aftermarket part made by Cycra. I'm not sure if they're still being made.

Yes they are KTM  fork guards, the Cycla plate was a stand alone version. But yes, they did make a combo plate guard version as well...not what you see on my bike though.

12 hours ago, drzematt said:

What fork guards are theseIMG_2762.JPG

Early KTM parts.
The guard blades are still available, but last time I checked the holders for them were out of production.
Someone with a 3d printer and knows how to use it could produce them though...

Looks like the pics were lost in one of the site server updates