What is the best years for the crf 250?

They're all good. In my opinion, the 06 seemed to have more issues than any other year. Nothing major, but things had to be done to the 06 to make it run the way it should have from the factory. Until 2010, the air box to boot seal on all of them stink. So regardless, that has to be fixed to slow down the premature intake valve failure them.

They're all good. In my opinion, the 06 seemed to have more issues than any other year. Nothing major, but things had to be done to the 06 to make it run the way it should have from the factory. Until 2010, the air box to boot seal on all of them stink. So regardless, that has to be fixed to slow down the premature intake valve failure them.

What is the problem exactly? I thought that the premature valve failures were due to poor air cleaner installation?

Dude, I have an 04 and love it. It originaly did not come with 22mm offset triple calmps. They changed it a year later. Ive heard something negative about the 06 as well. I think carb size? (just hear say) Id go 07 and newer. I heard the cylinder head was much improved from then on.

the yzf is a good bike for the average beginner/trail rider imo..

if you want a bike that offers more for the money, easier and cheaper to work on and mod, and more offered for it then look into a crf..

The CRF is way more expensive to work on the chain is $180 because you need a skinnier chain and the spark plugs are $60 its stupid..

I say get an 08 or upwards yz250f you have to spend less money setting it up and it aint too much slower, as long as you get the corners down pat the CRF's could be eatting your dust and if you were gonna get an 06-09 250r change it to single muffler the twin looses too much power

The CRF is way more expensive to work on the chain is $180 because you need a skinnier chain and the spark plugs are $60 its stupid..

I say get an 08 or upwards yz250f you have to spend less money setting it up and it aint too much slower, as long as you get the corners down pat the CRF's could be eatting your dust and if you were gonna get an 06-09 250r change it to single muffler the twin looses too much power

where in the world are you buying your parts?? ? then again your in austraila, but that shouldnt change the difference between the bikes..

Chain? If your talking about a cam chain try $31 USD.. ktm may be around $180 USD because you need a special chain splitter tool.. if your talking about a drive chain once again its the same chain all bikes of that size run..

Spark Plugs? 1. its the same plug the other bikes run.. 2. you can get them for around $12 USD... $60 USD if your buying from a dealer being yamaha, honda, suzuki, kawi, ktm..ect..

you can easily go on a parts fiche and see that the twin cam motors are more pricey when it comes to parts.. an oem top end on a crf can be done for about $400 USD complete.. an oem top end on a twin cam bike will run about $600 USD complete..

Mate the 2008 CRF250r runs a skinnier chain, dunno why i know a guy who wanted to save money by putting a normal 520 link chain on his 250r and it damaged the case and the chain, i was quoted $60 for a crf250r spark plug but $28 for a yamaha, suzuki, kawasaki, dunno why all im saying is the yamah is more reliable and depending on the skill level i would go yamaha.