09 yz450 for $3100?

i found an 09 yz450 for 3100 locally for sale. i was looking for a 250f in that price range but this bike looks pretty nice and i might have to go look at it to check it out. if the bike is in good condition, is 3100 too low of a price? i have yet to take to the seller, but i'm thinking that the bike was raced. for those who have 450's and take good care of them, how long do you ride on a top end? i will post the link to the add later.

You know, wether or not it was raced really doesn't matter. If the guy raced it, and kept up on maintenance then it'll be a steal. If the guy didn't race it, but never changed the oil etc. etc. then it'll be a sack of sh*t.

If I was closer to PA, I'd buy it :ride:

Yes, $3100 is way too low. Pay him at least $4000 for it. In fact, pay him $5000 before he actually sells it to someone for that.

:ride:

Come on, man, it's a depressed market, and the guy wants to sell it. If it's in good shape, take the deal and appreciate your good fortune.

thanks for the sarcasm. i need to go look at the bike and from what i can tell in the picture, it looks like a nice bike.

Don't worry, he won't be so pissed off that he won't take the $3100. If he says he is tell him to have good day and start to walk away, cash in hand. See what he says then.

Bingo!

It's only $200 less, he wont be offended. If he says no, just hand him the $3100.

Most people selling used already know they're going to be offered less and pad the price accordingly. You can't just pay him what he's asking without fishing first.........that's like breaking the unwritten rules of buying used stuff. lol!!

The price doesn't seem too far out there considering you can pick up brand new non current 09's for 4700 any day of the week.

If the owner put 60+ hours on in a season or two, think about the repairs coming up....

that's sorta what i'm afraid of. i'm only 15 and i really can't spend more than 3200-3400.

Geezzz..........only 15!?!?

Even better!

Show up with $2800 instead and give him the, "Gee mister, this is all the money I got from my Summer job." story, then give him some sad puppy dog eyes.

Bought my first car at 14 that way for $500. Always use your resources, and for you that includes boyish charm. Never be afraid to exploit the situation for personal gain when buying used stuff!

Don't forget, you'll need some of that money once you own it.

Geezzz..........only 15!?!?

Even better!

Show up with $2800 instead and give him the, "Gee mister, this is all the money I got from my Summer job." story, then give him some sad puppy dog eyes.

Bought my first car at 14 that way for $500. Always use your resources, and for you that includes boyish charm. Never be afraid to exploit the situation for personal gain when buying used stuff!

Don't forget, you'll need some of that money once you own it.

I know. I actually have to sell my 250f and then pay my dad back next summer. i only have a couple hundred bucks now, but i should make over a grand next summer so as long as i don't break anything major, i'll be ok.