Sign in to follow this  

tire question

i have heard of people running them on the DRZ. and i have one in my garage, kinda waiting for the big bore kit first. i have read that some people drop the gearing a few teeth to componsate for the taller tire.

I bought one and it is HUGE. Orig designed for HP monsters like cr500s it is too much tire for the stock drz. You will be bogging the stock S gearing. If you have mods like pipe fcr carb big bore stroker hot cams and are pushing 50+ HP it will be a great tire. It will be a bear to mount and you will have to reverse or grind off the ends of the bolts on the bottom chain guide to get it in. It is a tractor in the dirt and wears long on the Tarmac. The knobs can be reversed and recur to last and the sides have plenty of depth for the soft stuff. Can even be run 0 psi if you are in the boonies and get a flat.

Everyone steered me away from using it on my stock S even with pipe jetting and 47t rear sprocket. After I do rebuild(20k) I will pick up another but for now I like my Scorpion Pros on both ends.