2010 300 xcw electric start

I am assuming that you epoxied up the weap hole in the bottom? You may have already answered that but I am to lazy to read back through the entire post. That and copious amounts of rtv are the only way I got mine to seal up. The oil you got from pep boys is the correct stuff. That is actually what I have in mine because I had it laying around the shop and it seems to be working good.

Yes use job weld to seal it off and sanded it smooth. I will nowbapply a whole tube of hylomar to the case and seal it once again. Good to hear I got the correct oil. I think maybe ATF was to harsh and it's way thru maybe but onward with new oil test. Thanks

The saga continues. I hope my readers will stay tuned for a successful ending

Hey AXO,

worst case if the hylomar continues to fail: get a can of permatex's "right stuff" gasket sealer. This stuff will seal anything. Make sure where you epoxied the weep hole that you took extreme care to flat file or sand the epoxy perfectly even with the surrounding surface(s), if it is even just a tiny bit higher than the surrounding surfaces it will let oil thru. And yes - you have found the mysterious Mystery oil, its perfectly fine to use in your wet mod. (and smells 100% better than ATF even if it leaks out ?

Dont give up on the wet mod! I know it is a PITA to keep pulling the cover and all, but once you get it done - it is truly a lifesaver for the e-start!

-todd

Ok fellows say a prayer please. I think I may have it sealed from leaking but the breather hose has come loose I used 2 stage epoxy and it just gets to hard when it drys. Any recommendations ? And can the case build up pressure and force the breather hose get forced out? It almost seems like this happened. I know slavens recommends yama bond #4 is there any other glue I can get at a auto store ?

Not sure what to tell you on the glue. I used a brass 3/16 hose barb to 1/8" pipe fitting and ground all of the pipe thread off to where there was just about a 1/16" thick lip left and then shoved it up from the bottom. Mine cannot fall out, but you did remind me that I need to ziptie the breather hose on before the hangover, thanks.

Ok Will & lodcom it appears success at last. The product that seems to have worked is Yama Bond 4. Kinda like the consistency a little better then hylomar and it comes with an applicator tip too.

I ran with the brass barb idea. Here's what I did. Went to hardware store found what I too. A 1/8" brass barb coupling. Cut one half of coupling keeping the round mid section and barb. Drill out the wire grommet larger to accommodate the 1/8" hose. Shoved it thru the hole and inserted the brass barb and pulled it snug against grommet. This will neveR fall out like the slavens glued in piece did. So stoked it appears to be sealed finally. I rode it down the block and it didn't leak. I will test again today. Then later in ocotillo weeks this week.

Again thanks good to know the bros at TT have your back.