Stripped seat bolts

I have a stripped seat bolt, can you just tap them bigger? Is there a better fix? Thanks

Yes there is a better fix! It's called "Helicoil". You tap out the hole a little larger, screw an insert in that is the same size threads as your orginal hole. Then you can use the same size/style of bolt to keep everything looking good. I got my little kit at a Napa auto parts store. Just tell them what size you need.

And remember to only torque them to 17 ft/lbs :D

Smoke :)

Thanks I will check it out. :)

Just weld a nut on the back of the threaded tab. That is easier. You can even do it yourself with brazing since you just need to hold it from spinning while you tighten it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now