Ouch, who cuts a tree and leaves it sticking out

From the title i'm sure you'll realize that i just had a run-in with some stray tree poking into the trail straight at me (some helpful soul cut off the top and left the 3" end facing straight at me with the other end still rooted firmly in the ground) I'm just back from an overnighter at the hospital. Canmore hospital staff rock btw!!!

I never noticed it due mostly to the strobe effect of the sun through the other trees. Anyway, a couple of bust ribs and a bruized spleen were the result, ouch, pity help the wife and kids for the next couple of weeks.

My question is (while i'm furiously trying to research and buy new stuff while recovering??) Does anyone do a protector that covers the bottom part of the torso, from waist to ribs? A kind of kidney belt in reverse? Any thoughts? I'm sure this type of crash is not too common, but i do feel this sensitive area is rather exposed now.

thanks

mitch

Edited by mitch748
typo

What I want to know is who puts hidden rocks just under the surface in a sand wash ?

In the SoCal deserts, its what happens when were not around. Flash floods. ? Just dodge and weave.....dodge and weave..?

Edited by dolfinfan
Fixed quote

One of those trees saved me from plowing into standing trees possibly causing myself and my bike much more damage.

I was being retarded and entered a corner too hot (like 50km/h too fast) skipped off the road into the ditch and hit a 6" log sticking out headlight hight. Hit at about 60km/h, I got thrown 30' and my bike flipped down the road about 25'.

Only damage was the headlight shroud popped off (tree hit right between the shroud and fender) and cracked my clutch cover. I bruised my knee and my chest hurt for a few weeks and it was hard to breath for about a week. I probably bruised a rib or two or possibly busted one. ?

Now I putt my way around that corner ?

Thanks for the suggestions guys something along the idea of the 'moto armour' might be an idea. I'll maybe mess around with an old streetbike back protector and see if i can somehow attach it to my 661 pressure suit at the front, but i dont want to end up looking like a hockey player out on the trails??

Thanks for the suggestions guys something along the idea of the 'moto armour' might be an idea. I'll maybe mess around with an old streetbike back protector and see if i can somehow attach it to my 661 pressure suit at the front, but i dont want to end up looking like a hockey player out on the trails??

It's helps persuade people to get out of your way. ?

• 4 weeks later...

I understand your pain man. In June, I caught a trimmed limb just above my left boot and burst the muscle sack. Still funky to look at. When I raced downhill mountain bikes, I used a jacket such as the Rockgardn jacket and it worked well. When I would hit the ground, I would skip like flat stone on water. Get well dude.