Sign in to follow this  

Jetting question

Hi,

I did the 3 x 3 mod, k & N filter, JD jet kit, and 2 brothers carbon fiber slip on pipe and bike is cutting out midrange to top end, any suggestions? I Also have a completely stock 07 drz400sm (same gearing) that runs better with better top end (90), 85 max on modded drz. 8k miles on the modded one, 4500 on the stock one.

07 DRZ400sm

160 main

25 pilot

blue needle with clip 3rd position from the top

3000' elevation

Hi,

I did the 3 x 3 mod, k & N filter, JD jet kit, and 2 brothers carbon fiber slip on pipe

You just did all of these or are some from before?

Hi,

I did the 3 x 3 mod, k & N filter, JD jet kit, and 2 brothers carbon fiber slip on pipe and bike is cutting out midrange to top end, any suggestions? I Also have a completely stock 07 drz400sm (same gearing) that runs better with better top end (90), 85 max on modded drz. 8k miles on the modded one, 4500 on the stock one.

07 DRZ400sm

160 main

25 pilot

blue needle with clip 3rd position from the top

3000' elevation

Try Clip 4

There is always room for differences with different altitudes and temperatures.

For example I'm running 160 main jet on a bsr36 on my sm with the stock exhaust and 3x3 and I think I could go richer... Buuuut, I'm right at sea level and the temperatures are starting to get rather cold. I have an mrd/ssw on the way and I'm worried it'll almost be lean... have to wait and see I guess.

Getting back to the point... I'd try going down to a 150 or 155 main jet at your altitude and test it out.

The JD Jet kit instructions suggests the 160 with the 3 x 3 and when using a quoate" more free flowing exhaust", which the slip does. I"ll leave more feedback on the results after I move the needle clip to the 4th position and open the fuel screw to 2 3/4.

The fuel screw shouldn't have any impact on the throttle on the 3/4 to full throttle you'd be pulling on the top end but, feel free to pretty much go wild with it while the bike is running and try lots of different settings in my opinion, as long as you don't screw it out too far and lose it... You're not gonna hurt anything.